Looking to buy

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Hi all. I have an appointment with my local Audi dealer, with a view to order a Q4 Sportback 40 in sport variant. Currently I have an XC40 T4 petrol, so this will be a major decision and investment to switch to electric. To help me make said decision , it would be great to get feedback from yourselves on the following questions.

What packages/extras would you recommend adding. I am thinking - metallic paint ( Typhoon Grey), Comfort & Sound, Matrix lights ( expensive) , and function pack, and steering wheel with regenerative paddles .Am I missing anything?

Will be using mainly for local driving , and short trips to Lakes and to Man City ( round trip 120 miles). However we will do the odd long journey where we will need to charge on the route , anyone had issue regards charging on such long trips.

Lastly, anything regards the car itself, that is an issue, and would have put you off buying, had you known beforehand.
Your answers and help will be greatly appreciated , in helping me decide.

Anything

TauntonAudiFan

Post by TauntonAudiFan »

Don’t bother with the steering wheel if just for the paddles. Waste of time to me. You can just put in B mode - much less faff.
On range - don’t expect anything more than 200 miles on the motorway in winter.
Others can comment on charging speed (would love to hear from others ?) but I can’t get over 60kw per hour, even on a 300kw charger.
Definitely pay the £300 for the function pack.
For the extras your adding you might be better off going for an S Line or Edition 1.
Otherwise pretty good car - I’m in a 40 Edition1, C&S, tech pack with the panoramic sunroof and dynamical seats.
Last edited by TauntonAudiFan on Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

The question you will want an answer to is delivery as this is a real issue. Worst case could be 12 months, unless the dealer has pre-ordered cars coming in or cancelled orders that may be close or near to your spec. Trouble is, as you may have read on various forums, getting accurate delivery dates is proving impossible.

I have the C&S pack and the Function pack is a must have as the Sub woofer takes up space so leaving limited space for the charging cables. I purchased the 35 S-line as I do mainly local trips and only do one or two long trips a year. I did have a few OMG moments initially thinking I should have bought the 40, but in all honesty, after three months of driving the car, the 35 works perfectly. This also meant I could go for the S-line line that comes with a few extras I really like rather than buy a 40 Sport. I have Narvarra Blue but did look at Typhoon Grey as that was my second choice, both suit the car.

So far no niggles to speak about other than the useless MyAudi app that’s well documented. I find the car quiet, comfortable seats, spacious, particularly for rear passengers, it rides well, even on the 20 inch wheels. Standard lights are fine, but the Matrix lights look stunning and well worth the money, but for me would have meant waiting ages for a car. So have a decent test drive and see what the dealer can offer you. And please don’t buy the stupidity expensive extras from the dealer like Gap insurance , paint protection, tyre and alloy wheel insurance. These can be purchased for half the price from other providers.

It all comes down to what makes you happy and what meets your needs.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
Tony

Post by Tony »

We went for the S-Line with the comfort and sound pack, mostly for the reversing camera.

My only issue is the software which needs updating to make the car smarter, apart from that loving it so far.
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

Good choice. Definitely worth adding the Function pack otherwise you end up with charging cables all over the floor in the boot. It’s possible to retrofit this if it’s too late or will delay the car. There is a thread on how to do this retrofit on this forum.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586