pod Point

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

How far in advance of ‘expected’ delivery should you start the process of organising the fitting of a podPoint, and what exactly is the process.

Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

We had a bit of a faff as our dealer said we needed the VIN before they would start the process so we didn't have it installed until 2 weeks after the car arrived as there was a lead time. I think it's now just a confirmed order number and Audi will progress it's, then pod point get in touch for you to select the type you want and send them photos of location of the charger and electrical supply
Leighq4

Post by Leighq4 »

We had our podpoint installed about 2 months before we got the car, no VIN required - just the dealership pushing through to podpoint to start the process off.
Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarra Blue with Heat Pump, C+S & Tech Packs
Lisag2010

Post by Lisag2010 »

You might want to get moving on the pod point ASAP as the grant is ending at the end of March. I'm not sure what Audi are doing about it, if anything. We ordered start of November and the instal happened just before Christmas. I know people are having to wait longer than we did now, as demand is high at the minute.
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Lisag2010, have you already got your car when PP fitted? I have only just placed order for mine, so not due (estimation) until March 23. Don’t want to order too early ( if there is such a thing), but then again don’t want to be last minute either. Thanks
tipptop

Post by tipptop »

Citizen wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:34 pm
Lisag2010, have you already got your car when PP fitted? I have only just placed order for mine, so not due (estimation) until March 23. Don’t want to order too early ( if there is such a thing), but then again don’t want to be last minute either. Thanks
HI Citizen, as noted in an earlier comment, the grant funding is ending at the end of March. to get things moving i completed the Podpoint/ Grant application, and provided them with a copy of the order form from my Audi dealership to allow the order to be processed.

I found PodPoint really easy to deal with and once i had completed some upgrade works as advised by them, the podpoint was installed in 6 business days
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

I might have misunderstood, but I got the impression from the dealership that Audi funded the whole cost of podPoint and installation, nothing was mentioned about applying for grant. If I do need to apply, then will get ‘ on the case’ now, so as to take advantage of said grant. Thanks all for advice.
Lisag2010

Post by Lisag2010 »

I don't know if Audi have updated the deal, but yes Audi cover it but you get £350 from the government towards the cost and Audi foot the rest. Pod point sort it all out for you, just a case of filling in all the paperwork they send across. But like I said I'm not sure if Audi are still going to fully fund after the grant goes, ours was all processed before there was even talk of the grant going.
Wayne B

Post by Wayne B »

Up in North East Scotland and Pod Point was due to be installed today but cancelled due to weather.
This has been delayed due to lack of installers, started Pod Point application in October 21 but still no sign of Q4 so only rush is the grant stopping soon
Aayushb29

Post by Aayushb29 »

Don’t think the grant matters anymore. My order was placed in January and I got an email to order my pod point. It didn’t mention anything about the grant, it was all free.

Audi have extended the deal to 31/3/22, so it would be impossible to only offer the pod point with the grant. Believe they did this last year but their wording has changed as of this year.

You’ll be fine :)