Energy and the price cap

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

My fixed tariff (non EV) for my energy comes to an end March 31st and I need to look at options. My supplier, annoyingly like a lot of suppliers Shell no longer offers fixed deals or EV tariffs, so if I stay with them it will be their standard variable tariff, so the question for me and I guess many more, is what do I do?

I’ve looked at a number of fixed rate EV tariffs from Evo, EDF, and Octopus but not sure if these will work out cheaper for me as the day rate is very high in some cases, so wonder what others are doing. I estimated my yearly usage for charging is 2000 kWh.

Thanks
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586

Leighq4

Post by Leighq4 »

We have our fixed rate with Octopus ending shortly and we are likely to stay with Octopus on their standard (non-EV) tariff as the variable rate still works out cheaper than fixing at the moment...
Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarra Blue with Heat Pump, C+S & Tech Packs
Tony

Post by Tony »

Had an update from Shell this week -

Your electricity rates will change from 20.772p to 29.632p per kWh and your standing charge per day will change from 23.30p to 32.14p.
Your gas rates will change from 4.186p to 7.517p per kWh and your standing charge per day will change from 26.11p to 27.22p.
Your rates and projections outlined above include 5% VAT and are what we estimate you’ll pay over the next 12 months.

We tried to switch to Octopus last month but it was way more expensive, tricky times now.
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

The consensus of opinion from the experts ( Martin Lewis for example) is to stick with the variable rate until the markets settle down, and fixed deals become competitive again. That said, with the events of the past 24 hours, this could be some time.
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Thanks.

That was my thoughts, but wanted to hear what others had planned. And let’s hope and pray for those affected in Ukraine.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586