Home charging delays.

All Audi Q4 related discussions
mc1601

Post by mc1601 »

As I sit here writing this, I should be excited. I've just had that conformation email from Audi, my car will be ready on the 14th of March. Q4 40 Sportback in typhoon grey. However, I don't have my Pod point home charger installed yet, in fact, i've only just recently received the home survey.

Which brings me to the crutch of the matter, I ordered September 21 and immeadiately requested that the home charger install be planned in, the dealer in Milton Keynes explained to me that it couldn't possibly happen yet as no VIN number had been allocated, i'd have to wait. I again chased up a little later to see if there's any movement, not even a response, low and behold, I all of a sudden hear from Podpoint that my instalation will go ahead, after April with no confirmed date and that the govenrment grant is no longer available so no doubt I will have to foot the bill. Being a member of a couple of the facebook pages, it's clear that Audi Milton Keynes rules are very different to elsewhere as a number of people have confirmed home chargers with their car months off.

Have any of you on here had a similar experience? I've gone back to the dealership asking a number of questions, and the response is complete silence, not the most auspicious of starts for my first Audi and i'm maybe starting to regret not going down the route of other EV's.

Any help, advice on how to tackle a dealership that just don't seem receptive or bothered, please let me know. Is this specific just to the dealership at MK?

lexathon

Post by lexathon »

Had exactly the same. No charger till VIN and not much from the dealer. I chased podpoint and they put me on a priority list, but I did have the car for a week before it was fitted. I suspect because of the impending grant end, podpoint are slammed right now, so there's probably not a lot you can do other than run an extension lead and charge slowly while you're waiting with the granny charger.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

You'll charge at 2.3 kW on the standard 3-pin charger which is about 3 times slower than the 7.2 kW Pod Point - but you'll still add about 30% of state of charge overnight or 72% over a 24 hour period. So while it's an inconvenience, you'll manage.

Your purchase of the vehicle from MK Audi means your contract is with them and not Audi UK, so Audi MK are responsible under the Consumer Rights Act to ensure the vehicle is fit for purpose. The Pod Point supply may in fact be from Audi UK, hence Audi MK not helping you. The T&Cs state quite clearly on the Audi website that a free Point Point is provided for orders placed between 1st January 2021 – 31st March 2022; there is no reference to the government grant or needing to have the point installed before the end of March. I would suggest taking a dated screen shot or download - to be able to chase Audi UK at a later date if they renage on this offer.

https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/electric/offers.html
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

We had a very similar thing with our car, they wouldn't order pod point until the car was waiting for the ship, and it took 7 weeks for pod point to install (they moved the appointment without telling me too!), Which meant just over a week with a 3 pin charger, Audi did fully charge it for us before collection and I went to a fast charger once. The 3 pin is slow but does work, actually charged it when we went away for a weekend to some friends as we were there for 24 hours, got us up from 34 to 94% but definitely not one to rely on!