Worked out why you would want an e-tron charging account once your free credit runs out

All Audi Q4 related discussions
9761Spencer

Post by 9761Spencer »

rxtaylor1966 wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:23 pm
9761Spencer wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:09 am
Tony wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:34 pm
Not really no, adds up quickly!

I'm currently on holiday in Cornwall and have the car plugged into the mains, 1Wh and 24 hours later it might be charged 😅
Ditto Tony (well sort of, I’m in Dorset!). Our cottage owner has offered to lend me an extension lead to plug into the mains.
2 x times overnight 12 hourers will get me up to Max I figure ahead of the 165 mile journey home to the midlands on Friday

Depending on your route back to the Midlands there is a good charger at Branksome Tesco in Westbourne which should see you all the way up to midlands. Its a Pod Point one so 28p a kw.
Thanks Mr Taylor. I was being slightly facetious! I’ll get back no worries. Also a little bit smugger as I’ve just seen petrol locally at £1.86 a litre!

9761Spencer

Post by 9761Spencer »

It may be me missing this, but just in case others do the same?
I started using the charge card last month, tapping my card, charging up and driving off.
However, I’ve just received notification that £29 is being taken off my credit card. Apparently activating the card doesn’t automatically get you the £150 credit? Why that is the case I’ve no idea? If I was cynical, I could have a guess.
I’m now waiting for my ‘voucher’ to come through which I then put on my account, but it still means I’m going to be £29 out of pocket this month.
lexathon

Post by lexathon »

Yeah. I fell for the same. Told the dealer and they had no idea but said they'd make an effort to point it out.

Now don't forget to cancel well in advance of the end of the subscription!!
Gazza299

Post by Gazza299 »

So if I read all the above correctly and because I do very little public charging, I should ditch the card when the 12mths r up and just use the apps associated with the provider as and when, as this will be cheaper - Am I right?
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Further to Gazza post, can you not just use your credit card at any public charge point, as you do when purchasing fuel?
Tony

Post by Tony »

I would say so, £15 a month for a small discount isn't worth it if you don't charge that much away from home. We're going to use the free credit up then cancel.
9761Spencer

Post by 9761Spencer »

lexathon wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:39 pm
Yeah. I fell for the same. Told the dealer and they had no idea but said they'd make an effort to point it out.

Now don't forget to cancel well in advance of the end of the subscription!!
That I will 100% be doing!!!
9761Spencer

Post by 9761Spencer »

Tony wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:50 pm
I would say so, £15 a month for a small discount isn't worth it if you don't charge that much away from home. We're going to use the free credit up then cancel.
Ditto
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

Tony wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:50 pm
Just be careful as you have to give I think 2 weeks notice to cancel otherwise you are tied into another year of the £16 a month plan I think!
Gazza299

Post by Gazza299 »

T&c,s below on cancelling you charging card, note u have to do it 2 weeks before the end of your contract.
2.7. Right to withdraw from the contract

The customer has the right to withdraw from the e-tron Charging Service contract within a period of fourteen days if he or she is a consumer.

The customer is hereby informed of his or her right of withdrawal as follows:

Right of withdrawal

You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.

The withdrawal period shall expire 14 days after the date of conclusion of the contract.

To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us (Digital Charging Solutions GmbH, Brunnenstraße 19-21, 10119 Berlin, Germany, Tel: +44 (0) 1513173044, E-Mail: contact@charging-service.audi) of your decision to withdraw from this contract by means of an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter, fax or email). You may use the attached model withdrawal form (Exhibit 1); but it is not obligatory.

To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.

Effects of withdrawal

If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.

If you requested to begin the performance of services or the supply of electricity during the withdrawal period, you shall pay us an amount which is in proportion to what has been provided until you have communicated us your withdrawal from this contract, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.