Regeneration

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Rando

Post by Rando »

Anybody else experiencing unexpected regeneration randomly, I use the paddles to control the regeneration but recently the car has started doing the regeneration on throttle liftoff.

The paddles end up being disabled but then on next start it's back to normal.

I was trying to connect this weird behaviour with temperature or charge state but doesn't appear to be connected.

Anybody else experienced this?
Q4 e-tron 40 Edition 1 Mythos Black C+S/Function Pack/21" 5 Spoke

Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

Not had this myself, but it depends what mode you are in, dynamic puts regen on or if it is in B mode, not found it doing anything unexpected, I think it will do some if it detects something in front of your or the efficiency assist when coming up to roundabout etc.
Tony

Post by Tony »

What does the B stand for on B mode? Our dealer said boost mode which seems to make no sense whatsoever.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

B mode is ‘single pedal driving’. On accelerator pedal lift-off, the vehicle will decelerate using regen braking. So to keep a constant speed - you need some accelerator pedal input.

In normal mode (D), the vehicle will ‘cruise’ with no accelerator pedal input. When you apply the brake pedal, the vehicle will blend between regen braking and use of the foundation brakes to maximise energy recovery.

Intelligent or efficiency assist applies regen braking automatically when approaching a slower vehicle or road transition such as corner or roundabout.

On ignition cycling, the vehicle typically defaults to B mode, unless it is in dynamic, in which case lifting-off the accelerator pedal leads to regen. Regen levels can be tweaked through the paddles (if equipped).

With a fully charged vehicle, or very cold or hot conditions, at high speed, or high deceleration rates, regen braking will be reduced in favour of foundation braking - mainly due to HV battery limitations.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
Sportback21

Post by Sportback21 »

That's the second time I've heard comments from a dealer quoting B = boost. What the heck are they training these people.