Charging in Scotland

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Tony

Post by Tony »

We're going to see the parents up in Aberdeen this year, were thinking of using the Etron credit but not sure how many compatible chargers are up north?

I was reading a bit about https://chargeplacescotland.org, anyone use it or would recommend it?

Is the £10 activation card worth it?

Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

To be honest with you, if your heading up north for a short period of time, save yourself a tenner and charge at Tesco with the pod point app. They have 50kw chargers at superstores you pay and most have 22kw or 7 kw for free for 3 hours. ( car will only charge at 11kw max on the 22 kw charger equating to 35 miles an hour).
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

I’m planning a few days near Edinburgh in August and have noticed on Zap Map that many public chargers restrict you to 45 mins.
bigalan

Post by bigalan »

I live near Edinburgh and have been up to Inverness in my Q4. I used Ionity in Perth with my E-torn card and it was great (video here: The CPS card is handy but you *should* be able to start and end a charge using the app or by calling them if needed. Different local authorities have different timings/rules. Edinburgh has free charging with no time limits on the council run chargers, Stirling is the same. It’s maybe worth checking ahead. There are a couple of ultra rapid chargers showing on the MyAudi app in Aberdeen-looks like they may be at dealerships but presumably the E-torn card will work on them?