Under the bonnet

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Agree, so far I’ve only opened the bonnet to show my friends what’s inside it. And they weren’t impressed. 😆😆
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586

Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Just watched Should I Buy An Electric Car on My5 app. Very interesting programme, also showed the Mustang Mach e had hydraulic bonnet, and much neater engine bay, including a frunk, which leads me to believe it’s all about cost cutting from Audi, and not weight saving, I might be cynical, but reckon I’m right I’m still going to buy one, because as pointed out, it’s not a ‘deal breaker’, just a little annoying.
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

Citizen wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:57 pm
Just watched Should I Buy An Electric Car on My5 app. Very interesting programme, also showed the Mustang Mach e had hydraulic bonnet, and much neater engine bay, including a frunk, which leads me to believe it’s all about cost cutting from Audi, and not weight saving, I might be cynical, but reckon I’m right I’m still going to buy one, because as pointed out, it’s not a ‘deal breaker’, just a little annoying.
It's a mixed bag with the front/frunk some have them but lots don't as depends where they put the HVAC stuff, VW have bunged it under the bonnet, some of the mercs and BMWs you can't even open the bonnet so yes maybe a cost saving but as I said it's only been opened once to do screen wash since we got it in October so not a buggy really, the software is still so annoying once again deleted my home address tonight, also the driver's seat had reclined by itself when I got in tonight so that's a new one on me! I am about to join the Tesla crew as our second car so be interesting to see the difference in quality, we needed something quickly and had a long range model 3 in stock.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Do let us know the quality of the Tesla, I've only been in one briefly and was a little underwhelmed but it was a few years ago - by all accounts the build quality is improving a lot. I have a feeling that Tesla will build solid cars before Audi can build decent software 😂