Brakes

All Audi Q4 related discussions
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

I’ve just had a 300+ miles round trip to London and on 3 occasions coming home I’ve had to stop fairly quickly and I’ve had very poor brake response. Each time I’ve had to floor the brakes to get the car to stop in time. It also feels as I push the brake pedal that it clicks though something halfway down.

Is the click when it engages the drum brakes after disk?

Does anybody else have similar experience or is anybody fully content with the braking?

My wife is starting to hate this car 😔

Cheers for any comments.

TheSarge

Post by TheSarge »

Mine seem pretty decent at stopping and had to stand on them the other day when a van pulled out on me, only thing I have noticed is on a few occasions I have noticed the breaks not feeling like they have instantly released taking my foot off the pedal but I'm pretty sure it's the car reducing the regen...
csearson

Post by csearson »

Had mine a few days and I had the same experience this morning - really quite scary. I thought the braking would be really good on this - Regen alongside physical brakes but it's very poor - spongy all the time but this feeling of no response was a shock this morning.
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

I’ve been out testing and can’t reproduce it. I’ve been focusing on having my foot fully on the brake pedal as I suspect I mayhave only been half on I.e. I’ve not adjusted correctly coming from a Q2 ?!?!
Sportback21

Post by Sportback21 »

I think if you just purely use the brakes there is a feel that the brake pedal has two phases in terms of pedal pressure input.

I have always used B mode and find braking to be very good. Recently, I have resorted to using paddle braking, because I'm never out in heavy/busy traffic and can calmly use the car and it's features to do what it was intended for. Comfort, quiet and energy regen. Paddle breaking is good once you get used to it/retrained your brain.