Audi on the new Apple Car Play List

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Tony

Post by Tony »

FUoV8w5WYAAaP8U.jpeg

via https://youtu.be/O6PFSHFmNFU

Not sure how I feel about this. I like the idea of larger screens and a software company working on software (as Audi is obviously struggling here) but at the same time Apple never really allows anyone to skin their software so not sure how I feel about driving a car with a generic interface.

I'm more concerned with the amount of crap on screen here. We can probably configure it but why would I need to see my call log or my calender or even drive with a compass?!

This is classic Apple adapting a design language and not really thinking about what it's being used for.

I'm a little more excited by the Google Android Auto updates coming out next month which would still use the second screen which would let the OEM's own the instrument cluster.

FUoWhVUWQAAOnjs.jpeg

Thoughts?

Mml2435

Post by Mml2435 »

This does look good to me. I wonder if the Q4s sold to date already have the hardware to support it. Even if it does, whether Audi then rolls it out for the current models will be another matter. At this point I’d just be happy to get rid of the guest user privacy warning and so I have little faith in Audi updating anything at all at this stage…
Tony

Post by Tony »

I have to admit I'm confused as to how Apple will connect to, say, Audi's pre-sense or traffic sign detection. Based on the video above it's all pretty standard stuff such as the speed and revs and sat nav. I really doubt Apple will be able to connect to multiple OEM's systems anytime soon.