First Service

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Wicksy

Post by Wicksy »

Just had a reminder that my first service is due.
Always had the impression that the service period is 2 years and the car isn’t 1 year old yet.
Anyone know if the first service is just a courtesy check or whether it is an essential maintenance measure?

Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

It’s definitely every two years or 18000 miles.

Please see attached photo. I had a few calls with service departments who said it’s yearly! This is from the Audi web site and is very clear about what is required.

F3E7D086-8724-4641-86C8-94B2F26FA309.png

Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
Wicksy

Post by Wicksy »

Thanks for that - will tell them to do one!
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

They say the electric vehicles have less moving parts and servicing costs will be lower so how can they justify £399 for a service?
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

I asked that question and the service advisor said that does include an oil change and filter change! After saying that would be a challenge, they went off to check and came back with “it doesn’t need oil’. Next question, why it this almost the same cost as my Audi Q2 when Audi are telling me it will cost less to service and maintain an EV? Well the labour costs are higher as there are safety checks to carry out before work can commence and there are specific tests on the battery and motor to carry out! So in other words this is a way for you to recoup lost revenue as you won’t be seeing my EV that often. No comment was the answer.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
Tony

Post by Tony »

They truly are useless 😆

How are everyone's tyres doing?

My father-in-law mentioned that ours seemed to be going down a bit quick (he has a Q3) which I'm putting down to the weight of the car? Not sure what else could be causing it.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

The mass of the vehicle will influence it a little, though the wider rear tyres should reduce that.

The instant peak torque characteristics of EVs is bad for tyre wear, so if you are a little heavy on the right foot you may experience excessive tyre wear.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
Tony

Post by Tony »

The right foot might be doing it 😀

Do we have wider rear tyres? Never noticed!
matta

Post by matta »

Just booked my Audi Q4 in for it's first 2 years service (14k miles on clock) and been informed it's £571+VAT for inspection & pollen filter change!

This seems very high considering it's electric.
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

They’re at it, excessive price. When mine was in for its first service I had it back after 1 1/2 hours and that included the wash.
They’ll also say you need the brake fluid changed at a cost of £70 plus, my question was why when I hardly use the brakes as I regenerate a lot. Just take a look at your brake disks on the front and you should see there’s hardly any wear.