Tesla supercharger

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Gazza299

Post by Gazza299 »

Has anyone here used a tesla supercharger yet on their Q4, what was your experience like, did you have any problems and what was you download speed charge (Kwh) where you getting?

ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Looking to use the charging location at Flint, north wales. Conscious of the price though.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Can we use the entire network or only certain ones?
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Only certain ones. Best to load the Tesla app onto your phone. This will give you an idea of location, cost etc. There is a tab for charging non-Tesla
andykman

Post by andykman »

Slightly late to your original post but I used one at Folkstone euro tunnel terminal last week. Was the easiest and fastest charger I've used so far. Seemed to max out at 84kw but seemed to put 50kwh in pretty quick. I've got another one near me at the Trafford Centre, bit close to use normally but always good to know if I need a supercharger at short notice.

Andy

Audi Q4 Launch Edition
kieransampson

Post by kieransampson »

That’s interesting and useful to know. How much did it cost to use the Tesla supercharger on the Q4?

We’re near to the Trafford Centre as well. Like you said, it might be handy for a quick boost before a holiday if we forgot.
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

Think they charge about 60p for non-tesla, the rates vary by site and sometimes time, it's less for a Tesla. They are amazing and so easy to use if you have a Tesla, literally plug in and that's it. I got over 125kwh at 50% when I used one in Exeter, never got more that 70 on the Q4 even at a lower SoC.
Gruv

Post by Gruv »

I tried the Flint Mountain supercharger a couple of weeks ago but couldn't get it to work and couldn't figure out why. I had set up the Tesla app and that seemed ok. Anyone know if the superchargers need a later version of the Audi software? I have the old v3608 in mine,