Vorsprung Version No Longer Available

All Audi Q4 related discussions
DRH

Post by DRH »

The UK Audi website no longer shows the Vorsprung edition, colour options are reduced to 4 and no 21" wheels are available. Therefore the car I ordered no longer exists, unless of course Audi honoured my order which I doubt. Given projected delivery date is early 23 (having ordered at end of November 21) I feel like I’ve really wasted my time and what I wanted cannot be had. What possible reason can there be for limiting colour options, is there now a global shortage of paint perhaps! Also why is the Audi MMI software not updated by now, this really is so very poor, almost amateurish, from a global technology company as we have been told for many years now. Perhaps I should start to consider alternatives and go to the back of some other queue.

Tony

Post by Tony »

Sadly it's it's very indicative of how Audi are treating their customers right now. To be fair I love our car but the software is terrible. Would I wait 12 months for it...that's hard to say as there's so many other options on the market now.
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Have to say I am now beginning to waiver on whether it is worth the wait. With MMI and app issues, various electrical faults as reported in AutoCar long term test, change of specs, price increase, and no real idea on when I will eventually get the vehicle, having been given an estimate of March 23, I think I will be lucky to get it by Sept 23. It’s a shame because the car I have ordered looks terrific ( Sline 40 Sportback), but am now starting to look at alternatives. Favourite looks to be the Lexus 450h plug in hybrid. Terrific reviews, looks great, tech and reliability second to none. Whilst not full electric, 70% of my mileage is local, so would still make massive savings on fuel. A real quandary!
mrb

Post by mrb »

Citizen wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:26 pm
Have to say I am now beginning to waiver on whether it is worth the wait. With MMI and app issues, various electrical faults as reported in AutoCar long term test, change of specs, price increase, and no real idea on when I will eventually get the vehicle, having been given an estimate of March 23, I think I will be lucky to get it by Sept 23. It’s a shame because the car I have ordered looks terrific ( Sline 40 Sportback), but am now starting to look at alternatives. Favourite looks to be the Lexus 450h plug in hybrid. Terrific reviews, looks great, tech and reliability second to none. Whilst not full electric, 70% of my mileage is local, so would still make massive savings on fuel. A real quandary!
I’m in the same boat as you (ordered same time as well) and thinking it’s no longer worth it. I recently did a subscription on a Q4 for 1 month as a test of whether it’s really worth waiting for. Have to say that I was underwhelmed by it. Cheap feeling VW-esque interior and massively underpowered (40 version) compared to most EVs. Couldn’t even store the charging cable (no frunk and space under boot floor too shallow really). To make it worse, I’ve got my hands on a BMW iX3 as an interim solution and I’ve fallen in love with it, so I’m with you on it being a real quandary. I have not had a single communication or reply from Audi about my car. Not one estimate of delivery or a reply to any email I or my fleet team has sent. Shocking customer attitude

Issue is that EVs have gone up so much since I ordered but my company car budget is static. I doubt they’d even let me have my Q4 if I were doing a fresh order today because it’s now an eye watering £56k ish for the car/spec I’ve got on order, so I don’t think I’m going to get much better if I cancelled. Unless I just try to keep the iX3. I figure no harm keeping the Q4 on order because I bet even if it were built, they’d bite my hand off if I asked to cancel because they could sell for a lot more!