All Audi Q4 related discussions
Rando

Post by Rando »

matt_longg wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:24 pm
Rando wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:42 pm
Matt which software are you on?
I’m on 3812, I assume that’s the newest available as I only got the car new in November.
Your software version is fine, I'd keep trying it if I were you, there was an issue with Audi side of things which was leading to a number of cars failing charge.
Q4 e-tron 40 Edition 1 Mythos Black C+S/Function Pack/21" 5 Spoke

Q4 owner Norfolk

Post by Q4 owner Norfolk »

Update car was in at Audi dealer today for service and location services investigation and it appears as my vehicle was build week was in Dec 2021 location services wasn’t fitted !
No notification of this prior to my receipt of the car in Jan 22 even Audi on line services team were unaware.
I’ve left my dealer investigating how this happened and what Audi UK purpose to do to rectify this to enable me to move to the Intelligent tariff.
Have asked Octopus the same question as already a Go tariff customer.

Stand by but not holding my breath!
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

Hi everyone
I just received an email from Octopus energy as I couldn’t connect to the Intelligent Octopus tariff:
So a fix for this issue was implemented yesterday which should resolve this issue as it was due to a delay in the vehicle info being sent to us by Enode, now it comes across much quicker. You should be able to proceed with the registration now!

Well, I tried 3 times and still not possible. I have software version 3608. Has anyone with this version been able to get a test charge and connect? The only thing I can’t 100% say is on is the location services as I can’t find how to check, can anyone help here?
If so, you could maybe help in where I’m going wrong.
Q4 owner Norfolk

Post by Q4 owner Norfolk »

Hi, I have had the same ongoing saga with Octopus and kept being told its location services issue and then it now seems that Audi didn’t include location services on cars built before Jan 2022! Mine was a Nov 21 build and Jan 22 delivery minus the location services. Octopus tell me it’s impossible to have the intelligent tariff without then knowing when my car is at home.

So thanks again Audi for not delivering as specification originally promised and forcing owners to be out of pocket!
Rando

Post by Rando »

Murchison 2003 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:00 pm
Hi everyone
I just received an email from Octopus energy as I couldn’t connect to the Intelligent Octopus tariff:
So a fix for this issue was implemented yesterday which should resolve this issue as it was due to a delay in the vehicle info being sent to us by Enode, now it comes across much quicker. You should be able to proceed with the registration now!

Well, I tried 3 times and still not possible. I have software version 3608. Has anyone with this version been able to get a test charge and connect? The only thing I can’t 100% say is on is the location services as I can’t find how to check, can anyone help here?
If so, you could maybe help in where I’m going wrong.
3608 software won't work with octopus intelligent unfortunately, until there's a fix pick the Go tariff, maybe another utility may pull their finger out and offer something similar.
Q4 e-tron 40 Edition 1 Mythos Black C+S/Function Pack/21" 5 Spoke
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

Ok thanks for the confirmation.
Just what I was expecting to hear.
I’m on Go at the moment which finishes in April however the new Go tariff is almost double on the cheap rate and 5p extra on daytime units. Quite scandalous really considering the wholesale price has plummeted with energy suppliers posting taking the piss profits. Government doing nothing either to encourage people to transition to EV’s which is already being reflected on car sales and people converting back to combustion engines.
DansQ4

Post by DansQ4 »

How does signing up for this work? We're currently with BG but I dont want to switch if it's not going to actually work?!? Do they test it all before going ahead? Just realised we have a SMETS1 meter which will be an issue also FFS
VC2106

Post by VC2106 »

Hi All,

Received my car Q4 40 Sline Etron few weeks ago. Moved over to Octopus Intelligent - I had the same issue as you all.. The way to rectify this is ensuring ‘privacy’ settings is off on the car, make sure you have ‘sharing car location’ on, It’s the 3rd toggle switch under privacy settings.

My Audi App - 3rd tab on the bottom shows a map, once you are on there click on search bar at the top, scroll all the way to the bottom - You will see ‘vehicles’ it should say your vehicle name and the location of where it is.

By having privacy deactivated on the car and then attempting to sync with Octopus it will work within minutes. Once that’s completed Octopus do a 7 minute connection test, after that you’re all good to go using Octopus Intelligent!

Hope this helps chaps

VC
EmJef

Post by EmJef »

Thanks VC. I had previously tried before my Q4's firmware had been updated, without success. My firmware has recently been updated and I tried again, again without success.
I tried to follow your advice - my system was not exactly the same, but it was similar. I will spell it out below in case it helps others:

In the car - Home icon - settings - privacy ("ignition" remember that, has to be switched on to access this) - Activate privacy = OFF. Look down a bit - Online services - Share vehicle position = ON

I then went to the Octopus app and tried again. It found the car but the test charge failed after about 7 minutes. I went back a few stages and tried again - this time it worked & I appear to be all set up.

Good luck

EmJef
Tony

Post by Tony »

So I'm trying to switch and no luck, 2021 Q4 no software update.

What are the options these days? A different EV tariff from Octopus?