Paint Protection Film

The place to discuss everything else..
DRH

Post by DRH »

Has anyone chosen to use PPF on their Q4, or is actively considering it, what is the ballpark cost (UK or otherwise) and why do you consider this worth it, or not?

JamesCG26

Post by JamesCG26 »

We had ours completely covered in XPEL. Had had the impact zones covered in a previous car but decided to go 100% this time.

The gloss black parts of the car mark very easily and swirl so that is now gone. It’s also protected from stone chips.

I would also say it seems to stay cleaner and nothing seems to get stuck on. Removing bird mess is a breeze.

The film has a hydrophobic coating so no need to wax or ceramic coat again.
DRH

Post by DRH »

Thanks for that, was that in the UK and could you tell me how much it was and who did it?
JamesCG26

Post by JamesCG26 »

The cost all depends on what the condition of the paint is in now. My Q4 was taken straight from the dealership but they had still managed to swirl the black trim. However I got the garage to pay the cost of the detailer getting that fixed.

It is not a cheap option but since the film heals in the sun then any swirls, stone chips are no more. Most installers will provide an impact zone coverage which would be areas more likely to be affected by stone chips, this would be cheaper.

I used Glos Detailing who are based in Cheltenham. They are an XPEL accredited installer and XPEL have produced templates for all the panels so it just a matter of the plotter cutting the template out and it being put on. Some films the film is cut as it is installed on the car which I have never liked the sound of as there is chance they could mark the paint with the blade
DRH

Post by DRH »

Thanks very much I'll check this out. Not that there is a great rush as no car currently in sight!