Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

gasheadgaz wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:03 pm
Hi all,

I have been following this thread with trepidation for a while now and have appreciated reading everyone's experience whether good or bad!

I have a ordered a Q4 E-Tron Sportback 40 Edition [C+S]. It is a company car order.

Order was placed week 32 and I now have an expected delivery date of 10th Jan 22

Hopefully this will ring true. Fingers crossed!!
Not a hope in hell mate 😂

Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Soundtekk wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:23 am
Yippee, my car has a build status.
Q4 C&S, Heat pump, Steering wheel.
Ordered 18/8
Build week 41
1st build status week 49
Apparently, according to the dealer, there are 8 build stages. Don’t know what they are, but mine has started production.
So frustrating, you ordered nearly 2 weeks after me, my car still doesn’t even have a sniff of an estimated build, nevermind a confirmed one 🤦🏻‍♂️,

It was 4 months to the day since my order yesterday. It’s exactly the same now as it was the day I ordered. So frustrating when people who ordered well after me are going into build, and mine nothing. I had the order number and factory information within days of my order, so I know it wasn’t held back. My order number is low, not a 315, early 314’s so in theory should have gone into build within the last month according to others.

Absolute joke !!!
gasheadgaz

Post by gasheadgaz »

Soundtekk wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:53 pm
Gasheadgaz,

Did you have a build week for your car ?

Just interested as to the parallels between your and my cars.

Thanks
No sorry, I don’t have that level of detail. If it bears any correlation Pod Point contacted me for install first week in November.
djcorn42

Post by djcorn42 »

For anyone who doesn't know the Audi Build Status details, this is what I've been given

Status Status Name Meaning Estimated time for the car to arrive at Dealer Audi from status.
00 Build not confirmed We have sent the order to the factory however it hasn’t been allocated a build week yet. N/A
10 Build not confirmed The vehicle has been allocated an estimated build week. N/A
20 Build confirmed The vehicle now has a confirmed build week. Once your vehicle is built it will take around 10 days to move to status 30. 12-16 weeks all models except (Q5 14-19 weeks)
30 In Transit from Factory The vehicle has now been built and on its way to the port for shipping (For Q5 this means the vehicle is on its way from Mexico and heading to the port in Germany) for all non Q5 models, this means its moving from the factory in Germany to the port. 10-14 weeks all models except (Q5 12-17 weeks)
36 In Port of Exit The vehicle has arrived has arrived at the port in Germany. Its currently going through quality checks and customs at port. 5 – 9 weeks for all vehicles.
38 In port of exit released The vehicle has passed customer and quality checks and has been cleared for shipping. 4 – 6 weeks for all vehicles.
39 Shipped The vehicle is on a ship on its way to the UK. 2 weeks
40 UK Port It has arrived in the UK. Customs are checking it now. The delivery company is scheduling the delivery to us. 7 – 10 working days
60 In Transit To Dealer The vehicle is on its way to the dealer. 2 days
70 At Dealer Vehicle has now arrived at dealer. We just need 3 working days to get the vehicle through its final checks and cleaned before you can collect.

However my status went from Status 10 ESTIMATED to Status 20 CONFIRMED back to Status 10 ESTIMATED

How is that supposed to work?
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Been lurking here for a while and finally had to vent - apologies for the repetition.

Ordered Vorsprung 40, pebble grey.

- Car ordered 1 Sept - estimated delivery 1 Jan - build week 1 confirmed
- Arval (it's a company car) notified adjustment to 27 Jan, Audi confirmed it had slipped to build week 4
- Arval notified delivery date now 24 Feb - Audi who confirmed that date but still indicated build week 4 (why am I having to do this, why isn't Audi proactively pushing out these notifications?!)
- Oct 1st, dealer tells me things are picking up but to expect it "March" as the Vorsprung's pan roof is causing delays - still insists its build week 4
- Today, call Audi, previous contract has left the company, new chap now saying (without any hint of apology) that it is build week 14 and to expect "maybe April/May".

I haven't been officially told of any spec changes but it's clear from this forum that wireless charging has gone and pan roofs are under threat so I ask if there has been any change: "no it's all the same, your options are listed as Bluetooth interface and pebble grey paint as normal".

Well no.... Bluetooth wasn't an "option" was it - it was a unilateral Audi change and didn't communicate. I ask about pan roof and he says "yeah - they have been removed for all new orders". Again, I had to correct/ask him if that was all models or just where it is a configurable option. He confirmed the latter (not confident though) but treated me as if I was asking something incredibly unusual. All I was looking for was to be told if there were any spec changes to the car I ordered.

It's clear this is going to be a 12 month lead time for me to receive a car that will differ from the specification I ordered. I am not fussed about the wireless charging but if the pan roof goes and then the matrix headlights, at which point does Audi have to offer "free" cancellation?! At some point, it's just not the same car...

I am not unsympathetic but come on Audi, where is your customer service? It's not even the delay at this point, it's the manner Audi is handling this. First and last Audi I will ever buy and I can't believe I am alone. A friend ordered the EV6 a week after me for deliver in March - the comparison in communication is ridiculous.
Last edited by JamesM on Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leighq4

Post by Leighq4 »

Leighq4 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:38 am
...I got a call from the dealership this week saying because my Q4 has been hit by the semi-conductor shortage I am unlikely to see the car before December... :o Maybe it'll be my Christmas present!?
Woohoo!!!

Had a phone call from my salesman today... the car is in the country and we've scheduled collection for next week - just in time for Christmas :lol: :lol:
Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarra Blue with Heat Pump, C+S & Tech Packs
Leighq4

Post by Leighq4 »

JamesM wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:23 pm
Been lurking here for a while and finally had to vent - apologies for the repetition.

Ordered Vorsprung 40, pebble grey. Sequence of events:

- Car ordered 1 Sept - estimated delivery 1 Jan - build week 1 confirmed
- Arval (it's a company car) notified adjustment to delivery date 27 Jan, I contacted Audi who confirmed build week 4
- Arval again notified delivery date change to 24 Feb - I again checked with Audi who confirmed the date but still indicated build week 4 (why am I having to do this, why isn't Audi proactively pushing out these notifications?!)
- Oct 1st, dealer tells me things are picking up but to expect it "March" as the Vorsprung Pan roof is causing delays - still insists its build week 4 (which cannot possibly have been true)
- Today, call Audi, previous contract has left the company, new chap now says (without any hint of apology) that it is now build week 14 and to expect "maybe April/May".

I haven't been told of any spec changes (in fact I haven't heard a single thing unprompted from Audi) but it's clear from this forum that wireless charging has gone and pan roofs are under threat so, in that contestI ask if there has been any change: "no it's all the same, your options are listed as Bluetooth interface and pebble grey paint as normal".

Well no.... Bluetooth wasn't an "option" was it - it was a unilateral Audi change and didn't communicate. I ask about pan rook and he says "yeah - they have been removed for all new orders". Again, I had to correct/ask him if that was all models (i.e. Vorsprung too) or just where it is a configurable option. He confirmed the latter but it was like I was asking something incredibly unusual. All I was looking for was to be told if there were any spec changes to the car I ordered.

It's clear this is going to be a 12 months lead time for me to receive a car that will differ from the specification I ordered. I am not fussed about the wireless charging but if the pan roof goes and then the matrix headlights, at which point does this become impossible for Audi to sustain without "free" cancellation options?! At some point, it's just not the same car...

I am not unsympathetic to the plight but come on Audi, where is your customer service. It's not even the delay at this point, it's the manner Audi is handling this. First and last Audi I will ever buy and I can't believe I am alone. A friend ordered the EV6 a week after me for deliver in March - the comparison in communication is ridiculous.
James, I feel your pain - sometimes I wish I'd ordered the EV6...
Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarra Blue with Heat Pump, C+S & Tech Packs
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

So………. I ordered my car 07/08/21, I received this today, after 4 months of waiting, I finally get my build date, week 42 2022. And it’s honestly not a joke, it will be 2023 by the time I get the car.

18 months……..

Absolute joke…….

8984F32D-1897-4922-92C7-996B89527FFD.jpeg

Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

That’s barking mad to say the least! I guess there’s nothing in stock or coming in at any dealer across the U.K. that has the options you want as waiting that long would send me off to another brand. For me, when the dealer said expect a minimum of 9 months, or even longer, I spent days searching dealers for cars and eventually located a car that was at the port awaiting shipping to the U.K.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
Q4Mitch

Post by Q4Mitch »

Ironically, this is how I ended up driving a Q4. I was messed around ordering a Jaguar I-Pace with an extending delivery date and reducing spec (e.g. HUD dropped) and the lease company told me they had a factory order Q4 S-Line 40 arriving in about a month if I was interested. so I decided to go for it. First time I ever saw a Q4 was the day it was delivered, about 4 weeks after ordering. Very pleased with the car; it’s been a painless introduction to electric cars.