Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Tony

Post by Tony »

The most annoying thing for me was the lack of communication. Equally however I understand if there is no communication from Audi to a dealer. That's on Audi. They're the ones being useless. Honesty is all I wanted. If you honestly don't know then just tell me.

I'm having a similar issue with a boot cover that I ordered for my Q4. Ordered it 3 weeks ago. Was supposed to be sent after a week. Rang up twice, both times told it was going to be shipped that day. Still not shipped. Don't lie if you don't know.

gasheadgaz

Post by gasheadgaz »

gasheadgaz wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:03 pm
Hi all,

I have been following this thread with trepidation for a while now and have appreciated reading everyone's experience whether good or bad!

I have a ordered a Q4 E-Tron Sportback 40 Edition [C+S]. It is a company car order.

Order was placed week 32 and I now have an expected delivery date of 10th Jan 22

Hopefully this will ring true. Fingers crossed!!

E8C37671-0371-470A-945F-BB6E398237C4.jpeg

Just had this update from our fleet manager. Car is registered and on the way!! Planning to take delivery w/c 6th Jan
Lee

Post by Lee »

I'm pleased you have had your delivery date confirmed, I ordered the same week as you so this brings me hope :) although in reality im planning for March 22 delivery now. Part of me wonders if my lease company actually do have a clue or whether they just said early March to stop me hassling them in between. So thats around 21/22 weeks for your complete order, interestingly my original delivery date was 14th Jan 22. I still havent heard anything from pod point however which leads me to suspect March probably is more likely as I would have assumed they would contact me by now, how long ago did pod point contact you before delivery confirmation?
gasheadgaz

Post by gasheadgaz »

Lee wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:30 pm
I'm pleased you have had your delivery date confirmed, I ordered the same week as you so this brings me hope :) although in reality im planning for March 22 delivery now. Part of me wonders if my lease company actually do have a clue or whether they just said early March to stop me hassling them in between. So thats around 21/22 weeks for your complete order, interestingly my original delivery date was 14th Jan 22. I still havent heard anything from pod point however which leads me to suspect March probably is more likely as I would have assumed they would contact me by now, how long ago did pod point contact you before delivery confirmation?
Thanks Lee, fingers crossed for you. PodPoint contacted me the first week of November.
Bathboy

Post by Bathboy »

Hi, I found this forum this morning after I got a message from Select Car Leasing about a delay to my new car. Lots of useful info here and thanks to all those who provide it.

I ordered a 40 Vorsprung in Navarro Blue on 23rd July 2021. My current I Pace PCP ends on 31st January 2022, and so I asked for the new car to be delivered on 1st February. I was told so long as I did not change from the standard version a 6 month delivery should be straight forward. On 26th October I heard from Select that the dealer had confirmed the 1st February date.

Today the date was delayed to 4th March and that gives me a big problem because I will potentially be without a car for a month. When my I Pace was delayed, Jaguar supplied me with a 3 month old Jaguar XE at no cost. In the end I had it for nearly 4 months and just handed it in when I collected the new car. Has anyone any experience of what Audi / Select car Leasing may be able to do to help me out?

Armed with info from this forum , I have now asked for the estimated build date and status code which should give me more assurance that they will even be able to meet the March date.

Worrying to hear that Audi might unilaterally delete options. What recourse do we have?
Soundtekk

Post by Soundtekk »

Leighq4 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:42 pm
Leighq4 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:38 am
...I got a call from the dealership this week saying because my Q4 has been hit by the semi-conductor shortage I am unlikely to see the car before December... :o Maybe it'll be my Christmas present!?
Woohoo!!!

Had a phone call from my salesman today... the car is in the country and we've scheduled collection for next week - just in time for Christmas :lol: :lol:
Hi Lee,

Have you got it yet ?

Thanks.

Tim
Tony

Post by Tony »

Bathboy wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:39 am
When my I Pace was delayed, Jaguar supplied me with a 3 month old Jaguar XE at no cost. In the end I had it for nearly 4 months and just handed it in when I collected the new car. Has anyone any experience of what Audi / Select car Leasing may be able to do to help me out?

I know my neighbours had a different Jaguar for a few months while their one was delayed (this was last year) but when we asked Audi this end they said they didn't have any cars to spare so who knows. This whole chip delay has messed so many things up. You might have more luck with a leasing company though, we went direct with VW.
CL15

Post by CL15 »

Good Morning,

Just Received this email from my dealership agent today:

The system has updated for your car this morning and it is now showing a build week of week 23 2022. This is much later than the previous assigned build week.
I have however had a few cars do this over the last couple of weeks and they build weeks have done exactly this before reverting back to a much closer build week.

I placed a an order of a Q4 40 vorsprung first week in June 2021, so 14 moth delivery for a new car is OUTRAGEOUS. By the time I get my new car they will have an updated model.

Had cancelled the order with Audi, so please bear in mind Audi can't build vehicles they offer for sale. The lack of communication has been extremely bad too. Time to look elsewhere.

Best Wishes and good luck to all.
Leighq4

Post by Leighq4 »

Soundtekk wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:11 pm
Leighq4 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:42 pm
Leighq4 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:38 am
...I got a call from the dealership this week saying because my Q4 has been hit by the semi-conductor shortage I am unlikely to see the car before December... :o Maybe it'll be my Christmas present!?
Woohoo!!!

Had a phone call from my salesman today... the car is in the country and we've scheduled collection for next week - just in time for Christmas :lol: :lol:
Hi Lee,

Have you got it yet ?

Thanks.

Tim
Hi Tim,

Not yet, collecting it on 21st :)

Cheers,

Leigh
Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarra Blue with Heat Pump, C+S & Tech Packs
Olijay

Post by Olijay »

This is my first post on this forum. We ordered a Q4 40 pebble grey, C+S and Tech packs, adaptive suspension, graphite grey y spoke alloys and a fancy steering wheel. Its through the NHS and we ordered around the end of July. Initially we had an expected delivery of late December on Wednesday the 15th that changed to late January 2022 and yesterday it changed again to early May 2022. I was really hoping we'd have it for Christmas or January at the latest but May!! oh we've had the pod point now for 3 months with no car to plug in.