Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Tony

Post by Tony »

Next year?! Wow. That is some wait. Are you ok to wait that long with your current car or will the delay cause issues?

Cobylu

Post by Cobylu »

Well my lexus was due for replacement in November but my company are allowing us to terminate early if we go full EV. It will only be a couple of months extra but obviously not early like they hoped. A colleague has ordered a tesla 3 and his wait will be at least 7 months by the time it arrives.
lightninguk

Post by lightninguk »

garysevern wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:32 pm
Q4 Etron Sline, Tech pack , Safety plus, Ambient lighting plus, Assistance pack advanced, Function pack, Dinamica seats, Matrix, Grey alloys.

Ordered July 13 (private)
Got confirmed built week 44

Just been told car has left the factory. No mention of anything missing I.e. Phone box.
You should now have your VIN number now then, suggest you get the Audi app and put your car VIN into it, this will show you your car/spec. I'm in the same boat, nobody told me of any changes to spec but the app shows my car and not talk of phone box in the spec or 360 camera.
lightninguk

Post by lightninguk »

lwalters555 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:31 am
Aayushb29 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:25 am
Hi All,

New to the forum here. Been watching this topic for the last few months as I have now got a q4 on order through my company. Estimated delivery date is 02/11/2022!!

Hopefully I get priority on my pod point before the grant expires. Does anyone know how to chase this with them?

Additionally, how have people been getting updates on their build dates etc? Is it emails from the dealer or through another channel?
I get emails from the dealer here at Derby Audi every few weeks, that delivery date is crazy...I would push POD installers directly if you can,
Pod Point need all the paperwork done asap, please see below the email I had from them for the deadlines:-

Your Order: Action required

Hi,
With the OZEV grant ending soon, this is a reminder for you to correctly submit your OZEV documentation to us as soon as possible and before the 10th of February (12pm) to be able to use the £350 OZEV EVHS grant.
Before we can progress your order further, and to give us the best possible chance of completing your install before the cut-off date so you can claim the grant, you still need to complete your OZEV documentation and your Pre-Installation form as soon as possible and before the following deadlines:
• Thursday 10th of February - your OZEV documentation must be submitted to us by midday (12pm) on this date.
• Monday 14th of February - your Pre-installation form must be completed by midday (12pm) on this date.
Once you have completed the above steps, we will then do our best to prioritise your order for installation by the 31st March (unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee installation by this date).
For instructions on how to complete all the necessary documents, please refer to your original order confirmation email titled “Order confirmation... What's next?”.
Please note: These changes don’t affect the Scottish Energy Saving Trust grant.
Thanks,
Pod Point

Pod Point, Discovery House, 28 - 42 Banner Street, London, EC1Y 8QE
Copyright 2022 Pod Point. All right reserved.
Aayushb29

Post by Aayushb29 »

Update to my order - ordered 21/01/22

Original delivery date: 02/11/22
Already updated delivery date as of today: 25/11/22 due to unavailable build slot.

In regards to the pod point, I spoke with my Audi dealer and they said as long as they process it before march, it will be free. They’ve got 100s to go through and need to send it across to pod point. It seems like Audi will pay for it despite the grant, as I’ve noticed the wording has changed on their website. Pod points deadline dates might be referring to other manufacturers that would pay for it without the grant perhaps
lightninguk

Post by lightninguk »

Aayushb29 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:27 pm
Update to my order - ordered 21/01/22

Original delivery date: 02/11/22
Already updated delivery date as of today: 25/11/22 due to unavailable build slot.

In regards to the pod point, I spoke with my Audi dealer and they said as long as they process it before march, it will be free. They’ve got 100s to go through and need to send it across to pod point. It seems like Audi will pay for it despite the grant, as I’ve noticed the wording has changed on their website. Pod points deadline dates might be referring to other manufacturers that would pay for it without the grant perhaps
You might want to take the dealers word for it but looking at https://www.smarthomecharge.co.uk/guide ... s%20scheme. they are giving the same message that its installed by 31st not ordered by the 31st.

Also Audi website only says you get a complementary box, it does not say free install, in fact it still quotes the grant goes towards the install cost.... Not saying I'm right only I would read the wording and don't be shocked if the dealer spun you a line.
Aayushb29

Post by Aayushb29 »

Yea I’m aware it’s installed before 31/03/22 but have a look at the wording from the Audi website. It wouldn’t make sense for them to offer this free charger till 31/03/22 and then make someone pay the grant. So hoping my dealer was right and it will be free….

New Q4 e-tron, Q4 Sportback e-tron, e-tron, e-tron Sportback and e-tron GT customers who place an order from the 1st January 2021 – 31st March 2022 can receive a free Pod Point 7kW home wallbox with standard installation. The wall box must be ordered from PodPoint via a participating Audi Centre at the time of ordering your new Audi e-tron. Please request the offer at the time of vehicle order to ensure your order is placed by the Audi. Centre. UK retail and fleet customers purchasing a new Audi e-tron from participating Audi Centres only. Please speak to your local Audi Centre for more information. The free wall box included in the offer is a 7kW Pod Point Solo wallbox with standard installation only. The availability of standard installation depends on various factors including the age and condition of the existing wiring at the property and the location of the nearest electricity point/meter. To find out whether you are likely to qualify for standard installation, please visit here (https://pod-point.com/standard-install- ... conditions). Standard installation is subject to survey. You will have the option to choose between a universal socket or tethered unit. Supply, installation and maintenance of the wall box will be subject to a separate contract between the customer and Pod Point. Neither Audi UK nor the Audi Centre can accept any responsibility in connection with that contract and any customer queries or claims must be directed to Pod Point. Customers will need to liaise directly with Pod Point in connection with survey and installation. Any additional costs for example additional accessories, wall box upgrades, non-standard installation, must be paid for by the customer. Wallboxes are non-transferable and non-refundable and there is no cash or other alternative.
drkash

Post by drkash »

I don't think the dealers are giving you the correct information re Pod Point. I placed my Q4 order with Audi dealer yesterday. The same day I received an email from Pod Point, knowing which car I was buying, and with a link to their website to confirm the order, which Pod Point I wanted, to complete the relevant forms etc. They just need the order form from dealer, not VIN. Deadline to submit information was 10th Feb in order for Pod Point to likely install by 31st March deadline for grant. I would speak to Audi again asking them to refer you to Pod Point to start the process.
Bathboy

Post by Bathboy »

Bathboy wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:12 pm
My car (40 Vorsprung in Navarra blue) is on order via Select Car Leasing, who are getting it through Audi Swindon. I ordered it week 28 2021. I asked for delivery 1st February 2022 to coincide with the end of my current PCP.

First delay was to 1st March, currently being told that 25th March is predicted delivery date. Select and Audi are unable / unwilling to help with my situation (no car for at least a couple of months)

I pressed them for Audi status code as described in earlier postings. Message came back my status code is "10". So no confirmed build date yet. I also wanted reassurance that it will be to the full Vorsprung spec. They assured me that this is the only spec they won't downgrade to speed up deliveries. Also heard that Audi delaying cars ordered pre-price increase to encourage cancellations! Not sure what to believe or think now.

Just been to look at a KIA EV6 GT line S. More reliable delivery schedules apparently but looking at July delivery. Don't want to cancel Audi order but not convinced there wont be further delays down the road. I read somewhere that contacting Audi UK customer service via Facebook would get better information on build dates etc. No response. Anyone any ideas how to get more concrete info from Audi?
After pressing Select Car leasing very hard I got an estimated build week 8 (w/b Feb 21st) with delivery March 25th Hopefully. At the same time I pressed Audi UK customer service via Facebook messenger service. Eventually they told me that although the car is nominally supplied by Swindon Audi, all orders by Select Car leasing are handled by their fleet operation, which is only working from home and reachable only by e-mail. They told me best route to info was via Select.

Select then moved my Anticipated delivery date to May. I asked for more information and was told that build week had moved to 14 (w/b April 4th). They also quoted Audi saying that I am allowed to cancel my order free of charge!!! Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Today an update from Select tells me my estimated build week is now 17 (w/b April25th) with no updated delivery date. My Audi build status is still 10 - no confirmed build date. It looks likely my car won't arrive much before a year from my initial order date of Week 28 2021. Meanwhile my Jag has gone at the end of it's PCP and sharing my wife's car. She tells me it is a First world problem.
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

It’s so hard to draw any conclusions from everyone’s experience but the following things seem true:

- Vorsprung spec orders appear to experience the most disruption with no one on here (I don’t think) taking delivery in under 9 months (at least no one order July 21 onward)

- there’s wild inconsistency between lease companies and private sales.

- there’s no real certainty until build date is confirmed.

My question please, many people here (myself included) just have estimated build weeks (status code 10), how far from the estimated date do people tend to see the status move to “build date confirmed”?