Break Servo Restricted

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

How reassuring!

ryanMcLion

Post by ryanMcLion »

Sounds like the same as us. We refused to drive it on the basis they had no idea what was wrong. There was no way I was willing to drive a car with the risk of brake failure on the basis I should "take it back of it happens again".

Audi finance (the lease company) agreed to take the car back and it finally went today.

The poor drivers face when I told him why it was being sent back!

It will now go into an auction somewhere for some poor other bugger.

So my Audi adventure lasted 3 months.

Although I have ordered a polestar 2 which I must admit felt so much better inside. Fingers crossed...

TheSarge wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:12 pm
Hi,

Yeah picked my car up yesterday but Audi were left scratching their head. They cleared the faults and checked the mechanics but could not find anything wrong so I guess I'm in a similar situation. I have taken the car back but I'm sure it will rear it's head again!

They have assured me that any issue on the road won't leave me with zero breaks and the emergency crash thing is totally independent so will stop me crashing into anything if the worst were to happen!
lexathon

Post by lexathon »

What a shame. Sad truth is though, Audi finance will have no trouble shifting it on and probably at the same price you paid for it. Good luck with the polestar - looks great.
Tony

Post by Tony »

The Polestar 2 is a beautiful car, it's been out a few years so should have less issues - plus the software is provided by Google!

Best of luck with your new car!
ryanMcLion

Post by ryanMcLion »

Thanks all. I'm sure I will have some niggles but I figured hopefully less with an all electric manufacturer.

Fingers crossed for the June/July delivery!
Q4NE

Post by Q4NE »

Polestar are Volvo, If we’d not needed a proper SUV for our dogs we’d have looked at other manufacturers and probably gone Tesla as I’d never buy a car(or anything) based on Google software (aka android). In three years when my Q4 will be replaced there may be other options to look at. But in all honesty I’m happy with my Q4 so far 🤞
JonD

Post by JonD »

That’ll be the infamous “bus error” I have had a number of issues, mostly less critical, that magically fix themselves and when they diagnose they just say “it’s a bus error, it’ll get fixed with a software update T some point”. Not very reassuring