I'm writing a complaint re software, what are our issues again? (with AUDI REPLY!)

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Tony

Post by Tony »

I lose track, I have

- An over the air update has been mentioned as "coming soon" for almost a year now and no department, be it support or tech, seems to know when it's coming out
- The new software update that's shortened charge time for 2022 models is apparently only for 2022 models, which defeats the purpose of a software update when you can only apply it to a new model
- Every time I start the car I'm presented with a guest account screen as I can't log in
- The car refuses to save recent destinations on its map
- Within the MyAudi app I can't access functions on demand (something that's still being promoted on your site as a feature) 
- Within the MyAudi app I can't access my car's mileage despite it being an option within the interface
- Worst of all is that the MyAudi app has a tendency to just stop working. It either can't see my car or gets the timings totally wrong on charging stating that it has "49 minutes left to 60%" when the charge is already at 80%.
Last edited by Tony on Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ronochan

Post by Ronochan »

No ability to set the charge times to fit off peak.

No ability to have car ready by a certain time (battery heated).

No battery prepare when navigating to a HPC.

(All promised in the manual)

No means of sharing route plans from phone app to car

Loss of favourites randomly

And a lane departure correction that’s going to kill someone.
lexathon

Post by lexathon »

This is what I sent them a while ago.

The faults/limitations include:-
A privacy splash screen that must be dismissed every time the car is started.
Sat nav favourites/home/work lost between drives.
Radio presets periodically wiped.
No charge scheduling available at present.
Intermittent error messages regarding child lock.
Intermittent error messages regarding SOS feature failure.
Badly coded auxiliary heating controls (timer feature) - if you want to set the heating to come on after an appointment for example (the car defaults to tomorrow so you end up setting it for 25 hours away).
Climate controls from the app the wrong way round for RHD vehicles (you must select Left seat for driver's side heating).
No ability to send sat nav destinations to the car from the app.
Inconsistent readings on mileage in the app.
No connection to the audi charging service from the app - always tells you there's no associated account.
No remote locking/unlocking from the app.

Good luck.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Perfect thanks!
Tony

Post by Tony »

Thanks, I emailed - will see what happens.
Tony

Post by Tony »

The short version is that they are very apologetic about the state of the software as they know it needs work. They can't do anything about it as it's up to Audi Germany but they do forward on any complaints they get on the topic, and I got the impression that they've had quite a few complaints about this already. 

Certain features like locking and unlocking the car and preheating the battery for a rapid charge, which they admit to being features mentioned when marketing the car, are being developed right now.

They assure me a software update is coming but they have no idea when.

Ultimately nothing will come of this but I feel a lot better having spoken to them about it.

My current opinion on the matter is that I do love the car, the design and build quality is lovely, but I cannot stand how outdated and buggy the software is.

I don't think I'm going to get a software update this year, let alone another two and a half years before I hand the car back.

If Audi haven't sorted this out by the time I do hand his car back, I doubt I would get another one sadly.
Gazza299

Post by Gazza299 »

Yep I agree with all your sentiments
DRH

Post by DRH »

The sooner they abandon their own very poor software development effort and adopt the Apple CarPlay platform the better.
DRH

Post by DRH »

Tomih

Post by Tomih »

Contacted Audi digital support and local Audi service for following problems:
-MyAudi is giving often error messages while car seems to be having LTE connectivity available
-Sometimes not possible to turn heating or cooling via MyAudi app or send charging limits
-MyAudi app is missing standard Audi Connect features like car locator and option to open door
-it is not possible to send route from MyAudi to car navigator, you have to use touch screen ui to enter destination that is crappy. Due to that I have been using 99% time Apple CarPlay with google maps.
-it is not possible to add other family members as secondary user at my Audi so they cannot turn up the heating remotely etc.
-When starting the car there is a legal popup that is not possible to disable for guest users and it is not possible to register as a user from car
-Sometimes the legal popup screen freezes and it is not possible to close it. Only solution is turn the car off, get off from the drivers seat and close the door (happens maybe once a month)
-Sometimes when you start driving with radio on and change to CarPlay with Spotify there won't be Audio available without getting out of the car and restarting all the systems.

My software version is snapshot from March 2021. The license information is listing features that are not available at my car like car finder.

Digital services responded that they cannot solve these issues remotely and asked to book service time. Basicaly what they did on the service was factory reset! They messed all the setting and solved none of fhese issues. If I would have known that beforehand I could have done it myself. The solution was that these are software bugs and cannot be resolved and they cannot guarantee that when the update is coming and they said that there is high risk that it won't be published as OTA upgrade. :x

The car is nice but dealing daily with these software issues is annoying. Specially when the same platform models at Skoda and VW are getting multiple upgrades and fixes throughout the year. I would accept the situation if they would have timeline that the upgrade is coming in xx weeks or months. They are not saying anything about the upgrade anymore as it has been coming soon like 14 months already. This is frustrating as the car is not a cheap model and I would expect much more from Audi as a brand. I have owned now 5 new Audis and if it continues like this there won't be sixth Audi for me.