Software release

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Tony

Post by Tony »

matta wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:22 pm
I understand software issues occur but not to have had a single software update in the 9 months I've owned the car to resolve major issues is just not acceptable.

That's my main issue. Bugs happen but it's your ability to fix them and improve your software which is the difference between a good company and a bad one.

For example I went for a drive in a Polestar 2 and was very impressed with the software. I posted on the Polestar forums to ask if the software was any good and in general the feedback was pretty positive. The app doesn't allow you to set the charge limit remotely but then it's only two taps from the in-car interface which is about a million times easier to use over the MMI.

Importantly that car has OTA updates. I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of OTA updates is really hampering any kind of software development right now.

Tony

Post by Tony »

Tony

Post by Tony »

Oh dear

https://insideevs.com/news/597624/vw-gr ... e-bentley/

"The hardware is great. But the software is still missing."

Porsche source for Automobilwoche
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Quite frustrating to hear that ID3’s getting software updates (including the capability of future over the air updates) and Porsche now receiving updates. Come on Audi, I’m sure we are not the poor relation???
JonD

Post by JonD »

I would encourage you ALL to raise a dispute claim with The Motoring Ombudsman

Audi UK advised me to do this when I didn't give up with my pursuit of the issue with them

Unfortunately you will end up making a claim against the dealership that sold the vehicle, which is wrong as the issue lies with the manufacturer. But hopefully if enough do this then Audi may address this and not repeat the issue with future models. It is a FREE process and you have a good case.

You are trying to demonstrate that the car supplied to you has faults that have been present from the point of sale and that render it not of satisfactory quality (i.e., its multimedia/navigation and remote digital services features do not function according to their advertised specification).
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

I understand that to typically go to the ombudsman you need to have exhausted other avenues first, which in this case is Audi UK and then the dealership. Is this the case with the motoring ombudsman?
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S