Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Wills78

Post by Wills78 »

I’m also a nov 21 order, still waiting, I had an email start of October stating the car was built and all check complete and was on the way to the port. Now I’m being told the car is on the delayed list so no anticipated timescale. Really am at my wits end with it all and couldn’t care leads of the car anymore if I’m honest. I’m so close to just cancelling and moving back to a v nice ICE car for less money. Audi are shambolic and it’s the worst experience I’ve ever had from a car manufacturer.

Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Wills78 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:07 am
I’m also a nov 21 order, still waiting, I had an email start of October stating the car was built and all check complete and was on the way to the port. Now I’m being told the car is on the delayed list so no anticipated timescale. Really am at my wits end with it all and couldn’t care leads of the car anymore if I’m honest. I’m so close to just cancelling and moving back to a v nice ICE car for less money. Audi are shambolic and it’s the worst experience I’ve ever had from a car manufacturer.

Totally understand how you feel. I’m not waiting as long as you (Feb this year ordered), and am fed up. Apart from me chasing the dealer twice, have had no communication from them since ordering! Car still at status 0 build, so will probably cancel in the new year, if no positive update. Already looking at alternatives, including a PHEV or MHEV Volvo XC40.
kyjuan

Post by kyjuan »

Car finally due for collection this Friday. VIN received and all set up on myaudi app. I can even see it has been fully charged by the dealership ready to go. Really looking forward to it.

I know I'm one of the weirdly lucky ones considering I only ordered April this year as a private buyer (so in essence its taken 7 months). For those still waiting, hang in there - hopefully less time to wait now compared to how long you've already waited for.
weevil1

Post by weevil1 »

Just hit 1 year anniversary for order (SB, S line – no extra's). No confirmed build date. Current "estimation" is to take delivery in April. That'll be nearly 18 months.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Citizen wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:07 am
Already looking at alternatives, including a PHEV or MHEV Volvo XC40.

I can vouch for the XC40, really nice drive and you get a lot for your money - you can probably go for the top spec and they estimate 8 months for a build, or a few weeks if you want a pre-configured car!
4ud1

Post by 4ud1 »

It really seems like the cars are coming through now.
Mine is currently on its way to the dealer from the UK port. Dealer said it should be ready for delivery week after next.

Q4 35 sportback pebble grey sline with c&s pack
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

So, after complaining in my previous post regards the dealership not contacting me in the nine months since ordering, out of the blue I get a call yesterday, with an update! Not great news…a build date of week 23 next year, which IF that date is adhered to, is 16 months since placing order. My ‘knee jerk’ reaction was to tell him to cancel the order, however he went into full salesman speel, a lot of which made sense. The price I am buying is locked in no matter what increases are imposed, and already I am paying a fair few thousand under the current price, of which there will no doubt be a further increase next year, he even pointed out if I wanted I could probably sell the car when I get it, and make a healthy profit, something I would not do as I really want the car. So for now have kept the order going, but still concerned that build date will slip again, which if so, will have to think long and hard how to progress. Just to endorse the issue of price, below illustrates the benefit of keeping the order…crazy! Same model I have on order, but I have some further ‘extras’.

Audi Q4 Sportback e-tron
S line 40 150,00 kW

£ 64,995
Finance offer available
Power:
150,00 kW (0 PS)
Fuel type:
Electric
Transmission:
Automatic
Mileage:
99 miles
Registration date:
16.11.2022 (72)
Exterior:
Pebblestone Gray
Interior:
Black-Rock grey stitching
CO₂:
0 g/km
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

So I received an email from my dealer today with a further update on my Q4 that was ordered in September 21 which stated.

The situation around Q4 orders and lead times has considerably worsened since we last spoke I'm sorry to say - with the estimated build week now showing as week beginning 16th May 2023. Audi have promised us that they are prioritising all Q4 production by the date the vehicle was ordered - currently yours is the only one I have on order that actually even has a date assigned so that does appear to be true! Unfortunately the length of time this is likely to take is not looking to be in the near future though.
So, if Audi are prioritising orders by ordering dates, why are we reading on here for example Kyjuan a few posts back ordering in April and receiving his yesterday?
I’m getting a bit fed up with this crap and lies now, I believe they are prioritising lease and rental companies and foreign markets. The last time I complained about the delay I got panned off with a free service plan but I’m afraid that’s not going to cut it with me this time. They want us long term orders to cancel as the cost of it has risen, we’ll that’s not our fault however the depreciation in our current vehicles will be a lot more by the time this thing arrives if ever which is pushing the price up for us buyers. Not a happy camper and I will be contacting Audi direct yet again.
Cobylu

Post by Cobylu »

So I got the call today to confirm delivery next Tuesday. Ordered Jan 22. Seems to confirm lack of consistency in order to delivery timescales. This was a work order and others in my company ordered similar spec cars 3 months earlier and have been told the new year. The day I ordered I did question it and they said they had just had a cancellation so looks like I jumped the queue a bit. I’m hearing more positive stories from work colleagues about the car recently so fingers crossed theres light at the end for everyone. 40 estate with C&S and Tech.
djcorn42

Post by djcorn42 »

Well it is said 'All good things comes to those who wait' and also 'Patience is a Virtue'

My 'good thing' arrived after 13 1/2 Months, September 2021 - October 2022 and Audi certainly tried my Patience, but how lovely it looks in it's new ceramic coating.

Audi Q4 40 S-Line, C&S / Tech / Matrix Lights / 20" 5Y Graphite

I started my Saga on page 26 of this never ending story. So all you who are still waiting take heart, it will come.

Great Car - Great Drive

Q_4.jpg