Software Update

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Tony

Post by Tony »

Goodluck, hope not goes well! I purposely avoid the MMI and use Android Auto to avoid all of this so have no valid claim my end, just a lot of frustration!

andykman

Post by andykman »

Just collected my Q4 from Audi. Service desk told me they had done quite a big "software" update. Got to the car and everything was as per before. Spoke to the tech working on it and the software update was applied to the Gateway in the car. He has sent off a list to Audi UK to ask for them to be fixed in the next release but this will still only be at the gateway level rather than the software we want and have been promised. I asked about the user login and it isn't possible due to hardware being removed during the covid period!
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

My car is booked in December 6th for an update, so based on what you’ve had done, not hopeful anything will change.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
Gazza299

Post by Gazza299 »

So is mine
BlueQ4

Post by BlueQ4 »

andykman wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:15 pm
Just collected my Q4 from Audi. Service desk told me they had done quite a big "software" update. Got to the car and everything was as per before. Spoke to the tech working on it and the software update was applied to the Gateway in the car. He has sent off a list to Audi UK to ask for them to be fixed in the next release but this will still only be at the gateway level rather than the software we want and have been promised. I asked about the user login and it isn't possible due to hardware being removed during the covid period!
If that is the case, that is misselling.
I was told the user login would be updated quickly.
12 months later....
djm.nx01

Post by djm.nx01 »

I have just written to BBC Watchdog describing this issue. I don't know if they will get onto it, but in the aftermath of diesel-gate, VAG will be sensitive to any negative media attention.
Q4NE

Post by Q4NE »

I've written an email to one of the directors of Audi UK (Andrew Doyle andrew.doyle@audi.co.uk) which triggered a phone call; from someone called Nicola Brown (Customer Relations Manager - Executive Office) I raised the issues around Favourites, Key User, Remote Charging etc, all of which I believe that I "purchased" when I purchased the car. I explained that if the rumours are true that Audi removed the "chip" which means that the early version of the cars can never be updated then this becomes an mis-selling issue as the only item I agreed to be removed was the wireless charging capability. I was not told of any other item removed during build. My car was delivered to me Feb 2022 (Edition 1). I explained that the way forward was 1) a software update is provided or 2) a general recall of the cars in question is made with the appropriate hardware / software to be retrofitted 3) a return of the vehicle and full refund (or swap).

I did raise the "quality of the App" issue (which still isn't working for me since the last update - apart from the workaround) but I see this as a lessor point.

She claims that this is the first she has heard of the issues, which I don't believe; I said that if Audi UK exec are unaware of this issue then they must have the "head in the sand" as its a recurring common problem.

I have zero confidence that this will result in anything, but Audi need to admit that there is a problem and resolve the issue one way or another; I am happy to support any Watchdog investigation or Class Action style Law Suit against Audi UK to get this sorted.
Tony

Post by Tony »

I doubt it's the first time, I spoke to Ferzana Kadia,
Executive Customer Relations Manager, after I emailed Andrew Doyle and she was quite apologetic about the issues. She said she was aware of work ongoing to fix the issue but had no idea when it would be done.

I might email her again now it's been a year with no update, maybe cc Mr Doyle in again who never seems to reply to any emails 😂
Gazza299

Post by Gazza299 »

I dealt with Nicholas Willerton for my first complaint then Mikki Elliot the second time I complained, you will no you have hit a brick wall when they come back with “ the fix is been worked on but there is no eta”
The only way is legal, which I believe a member of this forum is working on. Sorry but that’s how it is. See pages 3/4/5 of this thread. :oops:
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

Think I might email Mr Doyle and ask why the sat nav broke tonight for 99% of my journey home...