Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Ordered Feb 22, provisional build date wk 23 next year. Dealer informed me Sportback (which I have ordered) is a particular issue, and are a lot slower in being manufactured, personally I just think they pull an order out of a big hat, and build it. In other words it’s a lottery, how and when your order is built.

Q4 When

Post by Q4 When »

Are the equivalent Skodas, VWs and Seats having the same issues?
Watsoric

Post by Watsoric »

Ordered October 2021 told approx 5 to6 month lead time current estimated build date week 3 2022 so not long now hopefully
JulesR33&

Post by JulesR33& »

Had an update on my delivery slot from the dealer.

Delivery pushed back again, now week commencing 3 Apr 23.
:Jules

Q4 40 Edition 1 Sportback in Navarra Blue with Tech Pack

Ordered: Jan 22

Jun 22 Provisional build slot 14 Nov 22
Aug 22 Amended to 16 Jan 22
Sep 22 - 6 Feb 23
Oct 22 - 6 Mar 23
Dec 22 - 3 Apr 23
Jan 13 - 10 Jul 23
Feb 23 - 11 Sep 23
JulesR33&

Post by JulesR33& »

MQ4 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:12 pm
Delivery timescales is clearly the most popular topic here for obvs reasons, so I'm sending a brief outline of my situation, having followed the forum for the past 11 months...

09/01/2022 Order placed (predicted delivery November 2022)
01/07/2023 Dealer contacted to confirm the car would be Model Year 2023 - no surprise there
01/09/2022 Dealer informed some movement on build week, but not by significant margins - hovered around wk44, then back to wk 43, then forward to wk 46
25/10/2022 Official Audi UK email with fancy GIF suggesting the car was In Build.
10/11/2022 Official Audi UK email confirming it was checked and ready to leave the factory
28/11/2022 Official Audi UK email to confirm car was in transit / on board ship heading for UK
30/11/2022 Official Audi UK email to confirm ship has docked and car is in transit to dealership (South West England)
31/11/2022 (Yes, next day!) Confirmation from dealer that the car had arrived with them

So I collect it in four days time. At last.

It has been a long road, but to be fair to the dealer when I ordered in January, they predicted a November delivery and it turned out to be early December.

I thought it might be helpful to others to see the approximate timeline and the gaps between each stage. From other contributions I can see it doesn't necessarily follow a standard pattern with some folks being pushed back for no apparent reason and others jumping inexplicably forward in the queue. I reckon my timescales are probably a bit more typical.

In my introduction to the forum a few months ago, I explained that the Q4 will be my third EV. I'm still optimistic about the new car but my confidence has been rather dented by the comments on software. Dodgy software was the very reason I sold my VW iD4 after seven months of ownership back in January this year. If I have a repeat experience of that with the Audi, I won't be patient. So fingers crossed.

For info, the car ordered on private purchase is: Q4 E tron 40 SUV, S Line, C+S pack, Matrix lights, Leather option, Graphite wheels, Flat steering wheel, Ambient lighting plus, Aurora Violet.

We seemed to have ordered at the same time. But have very different delivery slots. I assume yours isn’t a Sportback, which Audi seem to be having issues with.
:Jules

Q4 40 Edition 1 Sportback in Navarra Blue with Tech Pack

Ordered: Jan 22

Jun 22 Provisional build slot 14 Nov 22
Aug 22 Amended to 16 Jan 22
Sep 22 - 6 Feb 23
Oct 22 - 6 Mar 23
Dec 22 - 3 Apr 23
Jan 13 - 10 Jul 23
Feb 23 - 11 Sep 23
Wills78

Post by Wills78 »

Well my car is finally at the dealer!!!
Quick timeline

Ordered oct 21
Allocated build week 3 (my22)
Build week changed to 16
Build week changed to 22
Buildweek changed to 33
Build week confirmed at week 34!
Email from Audi confirming build complete and in transit - 11th oct 22
Email from dealer 11th nov 22 stating it was on a delayed list - no eta.
Email from Audi 1st Dec stating it was in transit
Email from Audi 3rd Dec car docked in uk an en route to dealer.
Dealer confirmed car had arrived 13th Dec 22

So pretty much 14 months from order with much change and crap updates. I’ve constantly been chasing and in fairness so has the dealership and threatened to cancel several times to and had it confirmed would suit audi as they had plenty of orders waiting and could sell the car at the new price point!

Well it’s finally here and hoping to pick it up next week

9FC99C56-8EA0-4C9D-AC67-D626D3D80A0A.jpeg

JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Congratulations - nice one! I ordered Sep21 so this gives me hope.

What spec is yours?

Has anyone had a Vorsprung actually delivered on here? (I’ve been here for months and don’t think I’ve seen one).

Wills78 wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:02 pm
Quick timeline

Ordered oct 21
Build week changed to 16
Build week changed to 22
Buildweek changed to 33

So pretty much 14 months from order with much change and crap updates. I’ve constantly been chasing and in fairness so has the dealership and threatened to cancel several times to and had it confirmed would suit audi as they had plenty of orders waiting and could sell the car at the new price point!

Wills78

Post by Wills78 »

Yes finally arrived , spec sline 40,c&s pack , function pack, pebble grey, 20” graphite alloys

Just need to now find time to pick it up!!! With Christmas looming.

Hopefully yours should be arriving soon! 🤞
JamesM wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:36 pm
Congratulations - nice one! I ordered Sep21 so this gives me hope.

What spec is yours?

Has anyone had a Vorsprung actually delivered on here? (I’ve been here for months and don’t think I’ve seen one).

Wills78 wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:02 pm
Quick timeline

Ordered oct 21
Build week changed to 16
Build week changed to 22
Buildweek changed to 33

Q4 When

Post by Q4 When »

I’m hoping for some of the luck others have recently experienced, as increasingly feels like Audi are playing games, as just saw almost identical spec car with only 99 miles on clock for sale at Preston Audi, but for £7k more than the list price of my order. I know dealers have to order a certain number cars from the manufacturer per quarter, but could they really be playing around with order books to increase their financial gain, as can’t believe the manufacturer would change build dates arbitrarily?
Ordered beginning Nov21, latest provisional build date week 15, delivery 13th June 2023:
Sportback S Line 40
Pebble Grey
Comfort & Sound Pack
Graphite alloys
Ambient Lighting Plus
Bigaudi

Post by Bigaudi »

Checked with Garage today for my order for edition 1 sportback with C&S and now told week 33 for build date, this is getting out of hand now as ordered in Feb 22, are Audi just waiting for people not to go ahead with orders as getting fed up with waiting, not happy