Anyone been caught out with figures on part ex, by the time they took delivery of new Q4

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Bigaudi

Post by Bigaudi »

Has anybody been caught out financially from placing the car order to when taking delivery of the new Q4?
The garage quotes a price for the part ex and says all will be ok come when delivery of car comes, but is that generally the case over 12 months of the line? Or are people getting asked for more money as the dealership knows they would be able to sell the Q4 any way, even if they have prices you out of the deal?

DansQ4

Post by DansQ4 »

Bigaudi wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:43 pm
Has anybody been caught out financially from placing the car order to when taking delivery of the new Q4?
The garage quotes a price for the part ex and says all will be ok come when delivery of car comes, but is that generally the case over 12 months of the line? Or are people getting asked for more money as the dealership knows they would be able to sell the Q4 any way, even if they have prices you out of the deal?
Nope, we had this discussion ourselves after waiting nearly a year. I wrote to Audi and they said they would honour the agreement we signed up to even though there was a load extra mileage on the car and it was subsequently nearing it's MOT!
Wills78

Post by Wills78 »

I’m hoping this remains the same. My q4 finally arrived at dealer after 14months from order. I’m hoping the time that has passed won’t impact the part ex value too negatively. I had an agreement and value at order but my concern is that the part ex value will now drop - I’m waiting for the dealer to confirm back to me before I arrange pick up
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

DansQ4 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:09 am
Bigaudi wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:43 pm
Nope, we had this discussion ourselves after waiting nearly a year. I wrote to Audi and they said they would honour the agreement we signed up to even though there was a load extra mileage on the car and it was subsequently nearing it's MOT!
We actually were able to ask and get £3,000 more for our Q3 last year than they originally offered as the price went up so don't think it should be an issue
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Dealership would not give me a part ex price until confirmed build date? 10 months from placing order, and with provisional ( not confirmed ) build of June 23, still non the wiser regards value of my part ex.
Lighting

Post by Lighting »

When I placed a order for a Q4 back in 2021 , the dealership gave me a minimum price for my part ex .

On collection 12 months later, the dealership honoured that price .

Might be worth trying a different dealer .
I've found it pays to shop around.
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Lighting wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:52 pm
When I placed a order for a Q4 back in 2021 , the dealership gave me a minimum price for my part ex .

On collection 12 months later, the dealership honoured that price .

Might be worth trying a different dealer .
I've found it pays to shop around.
Problem is 10 months into wait, don’t want to start again.
Wills78

Post by Wills78 »

Well dealer have confirmed that they will honour the original agreement. Originally quoted an additional 1200 due to the value drop in the part ex. I queried it and explained the additional costs incurred to me over a 14 month delay, servicing etc and they agreed to honour the original finance agreement. Fingers crossed it looks likely I will finally be in the vehicle this year 🤞
gordon141068

Post by gordon141068 »

Yes! I've just been informed by Edinburgh Audi that my car is on a boat heading to the UK and almost in the same breath and after a 14 month wait they are offering me 3K less than was agreed when placing the order.

I'm about to tell them where to stick it.
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

gordon141068 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:57 pm
Yes! I've just been informed by Edinburgh Audi that my car is on a boat heading to the UK and almost in the same breath and after a 14 month wait they are offering me 3K less than was agreed when placing the order.

I'm about to tell them where to stick it.
How did dealer react to you telling them to place it where the sun don’t shine😂😂. Are we about to see a cancelled order appear on Audi used website, at an extortionate price?