Wireless Charging Pad for Q4

All Audi Q4 related discussions
matt_longg

Post by matt_longg »

I don’t have the wireless charging in my Q4, wasn’t sure what pack I needed (presumably the tech pack?) but I obviously either missed it or didn’t think it was worth it at the time.

I’m thinking of just getting a wireless charging pad off Amazon/ebay etc to plug into the micro USB port and lay in the central console storage compartment (I think this is where the wireless charging is if you opt for it with Audi), has anyone else on here tried this already and does it work as well as I hope it will? The area itself seems pretty flat so I don’t imagine it will slide off whilst driving, especially if I get a MagSafe one as I have a compatible iPhone so it’ll magnetise to the charging pad anyways.

I know it’s just as simple to just plug the phone in to charge it but I like the idea of being able to just put the phone down there like I usually do and it charge, as this wireless CarPlay is a battery killer it seems.

garysevern

Post by garysevern »

The reason you don’t have Wireless charging is because of the world semiconductor shortage at the time the car was built. I don’t miss it I just plug into the USB-C.
matt_longg

Post by matt_longg »

garysevern wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:16 pm
The reason you don’t have Wireless charging is because of the world semiconductor shortage at the time the car was built. I don’t miss it I just plug into the USB-C.
So was the wireless charging meant to be a standard feature for everyone then? Either way I’ve ordered a wireless charging pad now so will see how I get on with it.
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

Yes , it was meant to be standard.