Software Update

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

That’s exactly the route I’m following. Awaiting the outcome.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586

ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Geh2021 you have a PM
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

ScottyQ4 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:57 pm
As a result of the software update not being in place I am now into some serious dialog with VWFS (AUDI FS) seeking some recompense. One of the options is a goodwill gesture + stick it out till an upgrade comes available (if nothing happens then it would be reviewed in Feb 24). 2nd option is hand the car back with the view of an exchange ( new or used they have not specified) or even end the agreement with apparently no penalty (16 months now into a 48 month lease)

What would you peoples do??
Interesting route, we did it with Audi UK and the dealer offered is £250 when it's fixed but not in writing... Although had a call from the dealership this week inviting us to a loyalty and trade up event, he got both barrels saying wanted our current car fixed and highly doubt by another blooming Audi!
lexathon

Post by lexathon »

I accepted a significantly higher goodwill gesture. I'll chase another one if I get to the 2 year mark (October) with no update.
Tony

Post by Tony »

I admire the dedication, in my last correspondence (which they didn't reply to) I gave them to June (2.5 years since I got the car) for an update or a form of compensation. Clock is ticking.
PR50708

Post by PR50708 »

Had my q4 for 6 months now, and can honestly say the software is the worst.

Please can someone explain why these things keep happening.

Radio lists - at the beginning it kept removing my favourite lists, so I made a new one…. Removes it, make a new one, removes it. Must off happened about 4-5 times before eventually it left it alone, hurray! But now when I get back in the car it picks one of them favourites lists randomly I made 5 months ago. Why does it do this??

The Audi app. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t. Sometimes puts all the lights on making you thinking it’s working, get in the car and it’s not actually on. Absolutely hopeless. Front left seat heater puts on front right? I can live with that one.. as long as it works.

The app randomly sends me notifications telling me it’s turning on the air-con. Honestly it’s useless.

Is there a master reset I can do? Is there something I’ve done? HELP!!
BlueQ4

Post by BlueQ4 »

Read the last 11 pages lol.
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Join the club. What MMI software version are you on?? Us 3608’s are waiting for a major update (still waiting after nearly 18 months) . Keep a log of all these events, report them to the dealer and give them hell.
Sash

Post by Sash »

Sash wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:48 am
I’m in the UK - owned the Q4 40 for 12 months and still waiting for software update.

I called the dealer this week for my usual update/chase only to receive interesting new news.
The dealer has taken in a Q4 of similar build date to mine for investigation and under guidance from Audi UK they have replaced the control unit. They report that this has resolved all the problems and have booked my car in for the same.

I think this is good news? But I’m also sceptical- if it were this simple then surely Audi could have rolled out hardware replacement for compatibility with current software releases well before now?
Do I go for it, or carry on holding out for the software update?

Following up on my post above - all a red herring.
My Q4 went in this week for the replacement “control unit”. Dealer had the car just less than 48hrs and returned it to me with no changes and a “sorry there is no update available”…. And no record of the “control unit” replacement.
Tony

Post by Tony »

None of this surprises me sadly.