Retrofitting reversing camera

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Gruv

Post by Gruv »

Saw this online and was wondering if anyone had looked into retrofitting a reversing camera?

https://www.carsystems.eu/audi-q4-e-tro ... d4330.html

frankgillis68

Post by frankgillis68 »

Hi, have you been succes in installing a retrofitting the rear view camera?
I found one at Aliexpress with cable set and the whole lot but no guidance on how and where to install and connect.
I found the coding for acivating it via VCDS but withour being connected that doesn't help.
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

Yes fitted rear camera and parking sensors cheaper and quicker than Audi could. Autologics, they come to you, brilliant service, would recommend to anyone
IanO

Post by IanO »

Murchison 2003 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:23 pm
Yes fitted rear camera and parking sensors cheaper and quicker than Audi could. Autologics, they come to you, brilliant service, would recommend to anyone
I used Autologics a couple of weeks ago too, and was very disappointed with the quality of the camera. The resolution is fine, but the image looks distorted: objects look a lot closer, longer and bigger than they are in real life, it's simply a bit out of proportion. I am wondering if they use genuine cameras, they were around £300 cheaper than another supplier who uses genuine Audi cameras and now I can see why!
I had a genuine camera retro-fitted on my previous Q3 and the proportions looked a lot more 'normal'.
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

No mine looks fine, I saw the camera came out of an Audi box