Software Update

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Tony

Post by Tony »

Just left mine at Wimbledon Audi, they estimate a few days as "Sometimes the servers crash overnight so we have to restart the update in the morning" 😄

I saw three other Q4's in the shop when I was there.

Have a loner Q3 TFSI Sportback auto which is better then nothing, they have no EV's in their fleet sadly.

Will let you all know how it goes. I'm estimating next Monday...so maybe a week.

Tony

Post by Tony »

Got my car back after four days. Software updated. Can't log in but apart from that so far so good 😂

Will try resetting my password later tonight.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Had to reset my password but got in! It's now downloading a map update which is new. I can also see info in the app and have logged into the car.

Screenshot_20231013-184634.png

Etronny

Post by Etronny »

My 71 model Q4 Etron 40 SLine is in the garage (Wearside Audi) for 2 year service and software update -(23/11/23)
Service no issues
Software - failure of battery cell and module, second update failed? - been there a week now (Have a Q3 35TFSI Auto on hire).
Anecdotally 50% of the 71 plate Q4's have failed at this point - currently open ended expectation of getting the car back 2 week - 2 months.
The dealership so far have been fab.

Will keep you posted
Etronny

Post by Etronny »

Well, developments.
The second part of the softwars update that failed (battery cell and module??) will not be installed. The car has to go to a 'battery centre' to be fixed. The soonest date is Feb 24 (booked into Audi Newcastle).
Now
option 1 - the care is safe to drive and I can have it back until Feb- then I will get a hire car until finally fixed and software updated.
option 2 - I can keep the Q3 (petrol) on hire until mine is fixed (Audi picking up the tab for fuel).

Not sure how to proceed -
Tony

Post by Tony »

Etronny wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:29 pm
Anecdotally 50% of the 71 plate Q4's have failed at this point
Ohh do tell me more, what is this error? We have a 71 plate that passed its 2 year service at 22k miles.

If I had no car for three months I would be pushing for a loaner Q4 until they fix it. I had a Q3 auto (petrol) when our car was in for it's service and it was shockingly painful to drive.

Still if you don't mind if, free petrol is pretty good!
Etronny

Post by Etronny »

I have not seen the full service report- or error codes.
My lease company have advised me to keep the rental until fully fixed- (I’m abit over the mileage target) so no real downside from the lease company and I don’t have to pay for the fuel.

If the car is safe to drive and no real downside to economy / battery - it seems a bit flaunty, from an economic point of view, to offer a rental for such a long time-
Ah well-
Tony

Post by Tony »

Yeah good plan!
Babushka

Post by Babushka »

I have posted in this thread before about issue I've had with our 50 we got back in August 21.

After almost two and a half years of in and out of the workshop we landed an agreement with our local dealer. We got a significant discount on a new 55 that's coming in March, and we have already returned our 50 back to the dealer. So glad we're done with that car and looking forward to an upgraded version with battery preconditioning.

Anyone in here gotten the new Q4 yet?