Q4 55 Sportback & Octopus IOG

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Braddersmd

Post by Braddersmd »

Hi All, new poster to the forum but long time Audi owner. I have a Q4 e-tron 55 Quattro Sportback coming in mid January, all being well - a cancelled order that's in customs in Germany at the moment. I took the plunge as I am having solar and house batteries installed in early January, and it made sense to add a charger, and swap one of the cars at the same time (SQ2). The other, RSQ8 will become a long journey backup for the time being.

I've already switched from British Gas to Octopus, but a burning question has arisen that I cannot seem to find an answer for on Google searches (how I came about this forum though, so not all bad).......the 55 is not yet listed as a supported vehicle on the Octopus Intelligent Go criteria list......has anyone got experience of connecting an Audi using an alternative car on their portal - in this case, perhaps a 50? Would it work?

I've currently specified a GivEnergy charger as it fits with the ecosystem of batteries, inverter etc, but could always stick an OHME in the mix instead, as this is definitely supported.

Maybe nobody has any experience of the above, so I will sign off with a final "hello"!

Cheers, Bradders.

Tony

Post by Tony »

Hello! I would probably just try adding it as a 40 and see what happens.

You only really need to complete the test charge and then it's up to you if you actually bother to leave it plugged in and let Octopus sort it all out.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Octopus are really good on Twitter for support so I would probably reach out to them there.
kyjuan

Post by kyjuan »

I would say go for the 50 as that is the direct equivalent of the new models (40 old = 45 new; 50 old = 55 new)
Braddersmd wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:57 pm
Hi All, new poster to the forum but long time Audi owner. I have a Q4 e-tron 55 Quattro Sportback coming in mid January, all being well - a cancelled order that's in customs in Germany at the moment. I took the plunge as I am having solar and house batteries installed in early January, and it made sense to add a charger, and swap one of the cars at the same time (SQ2). The other, RSQ8 will become a long journey backup for the time being.

I've already switched from British Gas to Octopus, but a burning question has arisen that I cannot seem to find an answer for on Google searches (how I came about this forum though, so not all bad).......the 55 is not yet listed as a supported vehicle on the Octopus Intelligent Go criteria list......has anyone got experience of connecting an Audi using an alternative car on their portal - in this case, perhaps a 50? Would it work?

I've currently specified a GivEnergy charger as it fits with the ecosystem of batteries, inverter etc, but could always stick an OHME in the mix instead, as this is definitely supported.

Maybe nobody has any experience of the above, so I will sign off with a final "hello"!

Cheers, Bradders.
Braddersmd

Post by Braddersmd »

Thanks all for the suggestions. Looks like the car will be with me next week, at the same time the solar, batteries and charger go in. Exciting times. Will report back with my findings on getting it linked up to OIG. Fingers crossed.
Braddersmd

Post by Braddersmd »

After a week of ownership, I have to say the Q4 55 Sportback is spot on. Extremely happy with the purchase. Octopus also included the car on their Intelligent Go scheme, and today I got it registered and up and running with a GivEnergy car charger too. Fantastic. Lots of low running cost motoring to go. Brilliant.