Audio Stops when driver leaves

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Tragicgenome

Post by Tragicgenome »

Apologies if this is in another thread, I carried out a search but didn’t find anything related.

I’ve had my Q4 40 Sline Sportsback since the beginning of January.

Range isn’t what I was expecting but nothing i can do about that.

However the issue that is really annoying and assume would just been a setting? Is that whenever I get up and leave the car the full Infotainment system turns off. When I’m travelling along this is fine as I’m most likely leaving the car but when out with family I’d expect to be able to get out the car while other passengers are still in it and allow them to continue to listen to the Radio/music being played.

Am I being thick? Please tell me if I am but I’m sick of looking through the menus.

Or is this a bug/feature?

Many thanks

Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

I think there is a sensor in the seat, I think you can just turn the MMI back on, but it does turn off after 10 mins or so
Tony

Post by Tony »

Just try to pump the tyres up!

You need two people for that job, someone has to sit in the drivers seat. It's why I brought a USB air pump 😂
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

Tony wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:24 am
Just try to pump the tyres up!

You need two people for that job, someone has to sit in the drivers seat. It's why I brought a USB air pump 😂
Mine works with 12v socket no problem, I love the individual nature of all the issues we have with these cars!
JonnyFu

Post by JonnyFu »

Hi @Tragicgenome,
Has anyone found a hack/ workaround for this annoying 'Seat Sensor' situation yet?
With all me previous cars I could stand outside my car and still blast my music which I liked very much
Sadly in my Q4 e-tron as soon as I get out of my seat the music stops harshly. Like my parents tell me to turn down the music or something. No fun allowed 🥹
If you hear of anything please post...
Tony

Post by Tony »

Can you put something heavy on the seat? 😅
Greatsnoring

Post by Greatsnoring »

I have a lot of gates to go through day to day and it's a real pain switching off all the time! Wrt the inflating tyres issue whereby I had to get my wife to sit in the front seat while I did the inflation - get out the car with the inflator plugged in to the socket then press the on off switch in the central console. This seems to be the switch's only use but allows the 12v circuit to work.