Scary 'Flat Spot'

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
MKNeil

Post by MKNeil »

Had my Q4 for 9 months now and covered just over 5,000 miles. After slowing and braking for, eg. a roundabout, the car sometimes dies momentarily when the accelerator is pressed, recovering after a few seconds and pulling away. On one occasion this was scary enough to potentially cause a collision. The issue started some weeks ago and was becoming more apparent over time. Spoke to my local main dealer, from whom I bought the car, and they quoted the middle of October to get the car in! They did suggest asking for breakdown assistance, so I made the call and a technician arrived within an hour. No faults recorded but this did allow me to jump the queue and get the car in within 24 hours. My local dealer had the car for three days and referred to a software update (battery management it seems) that needed doing and might help sort the problem (they had never heard of the symptoms before and could not trace any fault). They said they had to do the update anyway now the car was in. Got the car back today with the update done but the dealer saying 'no faults' and suggesting it might be to do with the pre-sense settings and that I could adjust these (!?! - no mention of which setting to look at). Drove the car home and the fault is still there - even more pronounced! I need the car over the next couple of days but will take it back in when I've calmed down.
Anybody out there experienced anything similar?

ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Yes except mine gave up the ghost all together. The first time it happened the car was trundling up to a set of traffic lights at about 10-15mph, put my foot down, the car hesitated/ juddered and then decided to pull away. The latest time it decided to carry out an involuntary reboot where the car completely went dead and stopped despite the battery being over 60% SOC. it’s now at the local dealer undergoing a software update. I’ll report the results soon
MKNeil

Post by MKNeil »

Thanks Scotty. Good to know I'm not the only one. Mine is back with the dealer and I've let them have it for a week as I'm now away. Keep me posted on yours.
Soundtekk

Post by Soundtekk »

I have had the same fault on numerous occasions. The dealer has done all the checks. It has been more pronounced since my 3.0 update. I pulled out of a drive in front of a motorcycle, and it “stalled”. I apologised profusely to the guy, who had to stop. And another time, on a roundabout.
Audi need to be cautious that someone doesn’t get hurt.
Asuhdiit

Post by Asuhdiit »

had similar issues - stuttering at low speeds (attempted stalling in old petrol engine money I guess). That started on Friday. Then the following Monday this happened: https://www.e-tronforum.com/threads/q4- ... ched.6260/

Interested to hear if anyone still having issues, or got an outcome.