Auto handbrake no longer comes on after new tyres

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
q4edition1

Post by q4edition1 »

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has had an issue after changing the tyres on there q4. Since driving back today I noticed the automatic handbrake that usually kicks in after braking to a stand now no longer comes on now.

Anyone else had this? I called the garage but couldn’t get through. This was done at a non Audi dealer but with the same Bridgestone factory fitted tyres. We got 18500 miles out of the original set.

Also getting wheel alignment seems a nightmare as no one has the equipment

Thanks

Derfel

Post by Derfel »

There is a setting in the menu which you can switch it on and off.
I have mine turned off as i found it too jerky when trying to park close to objects.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

I think you mean the auto hold or hill-hold feature, which shows as a green (P) in the instrument display, when activated. This uses the hydraulic brakes to hold the vehicle, so once you come to a stand-still the vehicle maintains the brake pressure in the system. When you pull away, the brake pressure is released.

When the parking brake is applied, a red (P) instead is shown in the instrument panel.

I expect the technician turned off hold assist to allow them to easier manoeuvre the vehicle in the workshop. To change the setting in the MMI:

Car - > Setting & Service -> Hold assist -> on/off
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S