Function Package retrofit

All Audi Q4 related discussions
DocH

Post by DocH »

Due to an unfortunate incident with a falling tree (whilst driving on an A road, no-one hurt, car written off :o ), I'm replacing my MY24 Q4 40 Black Edition (Navarra Blue, Tech Pack, Function Pack) with an almost new Q4 40 Edition 1 (older Tech Pack, Comfort and Sound Pack, Heat Pump).

20231227_115307.jpg

Although most of the features are carried over (and I gain electric seats, HUD and heat pump), the Function Pack which I had on the Black Edition is not.
The dealer says they can't quote to get parts and retrofit...

I am aware of the potential to retrofit the variable height boot floor and will be ordering the parts shortly.

Does anyone know about the seat back net pockets? I had seen elsewhere that these may only be possible if you change out the entire seat back panel (I don't recall and can't see in photos of any similarly-specced car) that there are any visible fixings, so I guess they are fixed from within the back panel, so that makes sense. Any ideas on whether it's possible and any part numbers?

I've also noticed on the current Audi website that there appears to be a new "cubby hole" under the central console.
I didn't have this on the old car.

CubbyHole.jpg

Again, does anyone know the part number and whether this can be easily fitted.

I'd like to put the 12v socket back in the boot as well, but that may be a step too far...

Advice and comments always welcome.
=======================================
MY24 Q4 Black Edition
Navarra Blue, Tech Pack
Intelligent Octopus, Simpson & Partners Home Plus charger
https://share.octopus.energy/kind-star-628

Dunders71

Post by Dunders71 »

Whilst I currently can't give you any answers, I'm having exactly the same conversation with my dealer around the variable floor and the cubby hole - I've provided the parts numbers I had from the previous thread on this for the variable floor but my dealer said they weren't right. He's now looking at the photo's I've sent explaining what I'm trying to do to see if he can source them, including the cubby hole. I'll let you know if I get any success and share any parts numbers if I get them.
On order - Q4 55 Vorsprung. Due March 24.
DocH

Post by DocH »

Thanks Dunders71.
I called my local TPC (VW Group parts business) and placed an order over the phone.
All parts as listed elsewhere. Order ready in two days.
They are not supposed to sell to retail customers (I am self employed but they didn't ask, though I paid with a Business Visa Card).
Cost of parts was £300.00 including VAT, with some discounts applied (automatically). Fitted today, took about an hour and a quarter.

Whilst trawling the depths of Amazon, saw this:

A £20 cubby hole add-on and does the same job as a (more than £20) Audi part?
Search for "CDEFG Compatible with Audi Q4 e-Tron 2023 2024 2022 Centre Console Organiser".

Cubby.jpg

MY24 Q4 Black Edition
Navarra Blue, Tech Pack
Dunders71

Post by Dunders71 »

Thanks for this - salesman told me earlier in the week they still couldn't find the part numbers - even though I've given him them - and that their view is you can'r retrofit!! Told him you defo can!

I'm picking the car up today so will speak to him again and try and sort it!

Will look at the Amazon cubby hole add on as well, cheers.
On order - Q4 55 Vorsprung. Due March 24.
DocH

Post by DocH »

Had the same thing when looking for a replacement car when asking sales teams - perhaps approach parts departments directly?
If you can't get any joy out of Audi, then you could try any VW group parts department and see if they can help.
TPC have plenty of trade desks around the country, but as I said, they say they are trade only, but didn't question me at all...
MY24 Q4 Black Edition
Navarra Blue, Tech Pack