Issue when opening boot after rain - Q4 Sportback

All Audi Q4 related discussions
idpike1

Post by idpike1 »

Hi

I have recently got a Q4 Sportback and living in sunny Manchester we get a fair bit of rain. Noticed when I open the boot the water fails to run off cleanly but also comes through inside into the boot via internal pillar on left side. It seems like a pretty poor design as water doesn't seem to pour off naturally, but whether others are getting it inside?

The drive isn't on a slope and is flat. Feels like a trip to the dealer to discuss.

Thanks in advance, Ian

Edinburgh

Post by Edinburgh »

We purchased a 6 month old Sportback recently and have experienced the same issue. Significant amounts of water entering the boot space at the sides when opening the boot. Also see we have condensation in the rear light cluster. Will be speaking to Audi this morning to see what the issue is and if it can be sorted. Pretty disappointing….
idpike1

Post by idpike1 »

Wow, so not just mine. Need to speak to local dealer still as company car and the dealer is 200 miles away who got it. Good to hear if you get any updates
daverjones

Post by daverjones »

Hi, did you ever get any response from teh dealer on this? I have the same issue on my Dec '23 Sportback which is very annoying...
idpike1

Post by idpike1 »

Yes, finally after 2 attempts by local dealer they managed to locate it was the rear spoiler on the Q4 SportBak not fitted correctly in the factory.

1st attempt two days, said it wasn't. Then 2nd attempt after I kicked off 4 days of work finally resolved

Really had to chase local dealer, Audi (who didn't care as it was a lease) and Leaseplan for updates and recognising it was an issue.