Audi App Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Wicksy

Post by Wicksy »

That’s the exact number of functions that I have too - Audi Digital have asked me to be patient until they find a resolution- a long wait ahead methinks

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

I’ve had it confirmed by Audi technical help desk that the current functionality on the Audi App is all there is likely to be . There wasn’t a definitive explanation from them as to why remote lock / unlock and schedule charging wasn’t available it seems that’s just the way it is unfortunately. This is pretty disappointing as I was told when I bought the car that this functionality was in place . With regards to setting the user profile Audi are aware of the issue but I was told there is no timescale available when the issue will be fixed . Sorry not a more positive update .
Adahol69

Post by Adahol69 »

Hey that’s so frustrating for a car most people have paid close/over £50k for. Iam not bothered about remote locking but schedule charging is a must as we have cheap overnight charging,

If there is no remote schedule charging can you do this within the car info system? Or is it a case you plug in and it charges and stops at battery level chosen?
TheSarge

Post by TheSarge »

Adahol69 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:38 pm
Hey that’s so frustrating for a car most people have paid close/over £50k for. Iam not bothered about remote locking but schedule charging is a must as we have cheap overnight charging,

If there is no remote schedule charging can you do this within the car info system? Or is it a case you plug in and it charges and stops at battery level chosen?
It is quite surprising how under spec’d to connected elements of the Q4 are, maybe as the year goes on there will be some more updates to help get some greater functionality in there. With regards to scheduled charging, if you have a Power Pod home charger you can actually get that to do the scheduling rather than the car, not sure if this helps you at all?
Adahol69

Post by Adahol69 »

Thanks sarge, I already have a home charger BP master charger but never need to connect etc as current Bmw 330e allowed me to set charge times,

It seems there is a further screen on the etron when setting the max charge % not sure if this is just schedule climate ??

Thanks
Peter77

Post by Peter77 »

Received this from Audi yesterday. Contacted my dealer and they confirmed the car was all OK, my tech is turned on! . Could be the app. I'm still a guest in my own car.

"We live in a connected world. And you drive a connected car. But at the moment, the tech is switched off. So you’re missing out on useful remote functions, like being able to plan your journey, locate your car and lock/unlock it – all from your phone.

To make the most of your Audi Q4 E-TRON, simply download the myAudi app, if you haven’t done so already. Then speak to your Audi Centre so they can finish setting up your car."
0dd84ll

Post by 0dd84ll »

Hi, sorry no update on timescales as such, but I spoke to Audi this morning and they are well aware of this issue with the guest user / can’t set a profile on the mmi and they are working hard to fix…… nor could they confirm if this will be an ota fix to the mmi or a dealer recall to sort. If I get a further update I’ll post.
JSMorgano

Post by JSMorgano »

I just picked up my Q4 tonight. The dealer said the new directive was for the customer to call Audi Connect Support to activate online services.

I called when I got home and I was informed (as many others have) that there is an issue and cannot do this currently. However they said that this will be resolved next week and if I can back from Monday onwards they will be able to activate for me.

Fingers crossed this is really the case
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

The dealership are able to set you up immediately as the key user this allows you to access the limited functionality thats available on the My Audi App. However you do need to have installed the App first . It does seem there’s a significant training need on the the part of the Audi dealership network they really don’t seem to fully understand what is and what is not possible in respect of the My Audi App .
JSMorgano

Post by JSMorgano »

Robbo wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:09 am
The dealership are able to set you up immediately as the key user this allows you to access the limited functionality thats available on the My Audi App. However you do need to have installed the App first . It does seem there’s a significant training need on the the part of the Audi dealership network they really don’t seem to fully understand what is and what is not possible in respect of the My Audi App .
I agree, the dealership didn't really know anything about the My Audi App and left me to connect it up while they were doing some paperwork.

The first bit was easy as I had the app from my previous car, but they had no idea about the next step other than call Audi Connect Support. In fairness support did say the dealership should be able to resolve but I didn't have much faith, so will wait until they can do online next week.