Audi App Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Theo.g

Post by Theo.g »

So we’re looking until mid November until we can carry out scheduled charging. There’s a scheduled charging option in the pod point app, anyone been able to charge via this, I think the Audi app overrides it.

Wicksy

Post by Wicksy »

Most I can get out of my PodPoint is a 15 minute charge before it blows the fuse🙄
Peter77

Post by Peter77 »

Audi Q4 etron not equipped for over the air update! (Unbelievable!) Car booked into my nearest Audi dealer, 45 miles away, for a complete reboot this is due to the app stating I have 87 miles with 75% charge on the app although the actual vehicle reading is 197 miles on a 79% charge. Still a guest user. I have a love/hate relationship with my car.
TheSarge

Post by TheSarge »

Hunting through the menus there is an online software update section, looks like there is OTA updates

image.jpg

JonasC

Post by JonasC »

The same option was on my old Q3, but it’s only for navigation maps update. When asken Audi dealer or Audi Digital Support thy both say no OTA on Q4. Which also makes senes hence the use of the Audi MIB 3 software, the same software used in all Audi for 2020. I hope there will OTA, but I afraid I won’t be the case
TheSarge

Post by TheSarge »

Thats a real shame, I have had maps updated OTA and there is a separate area within MMI for manual Map updates, this was in the system settings menu so though it may have been something different :( To be honest I do take what Audi Digital and Dealers say with a rather large pinch of salt as neither were aware of the key user setup being different on the Q4 until I had chipped away at them both after 2 weeks of not having it setup correctly!
Youngster

Post by Youngster »

I’m booked in tomorrow at the Audi dealer for some sort of reset, as recommended by the nice people at digitalsupport.uk@audi.de. The aim is to get the app talking to the Q4, but the dealer seems very sketchy on any details. Does anyone know any magic words I can say to them to help them know what to do? 🤣
TheSarge

Post by TheSarge »

Yeah, get the dealer to phone Digital Support when you get there and they will explain to them what to do!
Youngster

Post by Youngster »

Well, I don’t know what the dealer did, and what’s more, nor do they, but the app now shows current charge and allows remote climate control scheduling. As a bonus I also now have traffic updates on the maps too. The dealer isn’t aware of specifically fixing anything, other than some sort of reset. When I suggested a software update they even actually said no, just a reset
petermo

Post by petermo »

What versions of the software/MMI do you have? (Just in case this makes a difference.)