Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Deleted User 213

Post by Deleted User 213 »

I ordered my Q4 50 Vorsprung at the end of June, initial build was planned for week 1 2022 but this was brought forward and "locked in" to week 37 this year (week commencing 13th September).

I have pm'd Audi UK on Facebook twice and their Chat site once over the last 3 weeks and each time they tell me the car is still showing as "in production", however I phoned my dealer this evening and he said that the car is not showing as in production and that no chassis or VIN has yet been allocated. He said that Audi UK cannot get any more information than the dealers do, only the factory know what's happening.

What a total joke this whole process is!

AudiDoc

Post by AudiDoc »

JIY wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:41 pm
I ordered my Q4 50 Vorsprung at the end of June, initial build was planned for week 1 2022 but this was brought forward and "locked in" to week 37 this year (week commencing 13th September).

I have pm'd Audi UK on Facebook twice and their Chat site once over the last 3 weeks and each time they tell me the car is still showing as "in production", however I phoned my dealer this evening and he said that the car is not showing as in production and that no chassis or VIN has yet been allocated. He said that Audi UK cannot get any more information than the dealers do, only the factory know what's happening.

What a total joke this whole process is!
100% agree. As per the other thread titles the dreaded status 20 club.... whilst the order is in that state with a confirmed build week, there is nothing Audi UK or a dealer can tell us, its so crap. As you say, only the factory really know what's going on. Hopefully this whole mess shows Audi just how dreadful their customer communication and update process is...
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Last I heard they had over 7000 Q4’s just sat there waiting for chips, I do feel sorry for them as it must be a nightmare being battered by us lot left right and Centre.

If you all have whatsapp, save this number to your phones contacts, it’s Audi UK whatsapp, they are brilliant and very quick at replying.

+44 113 733 4311
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

Tom_1985 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:00 pm
Last I heard they had over 7000 Q4’s just sat there waiting for chips, I do feel sorry for them as it must be a nightmare being battered by us lot left right and Centre.

If you all have whatsapp, save this number to your phones contacts, it’s Audi UK whatsapp, they are brilliant and very quick at replying.

+44 113 733 4311
Very true that they are quick to respond, although they were the ones who told me it was on a boat then the week later that it was still at the port...
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

That’s annoying Edam77, communication is poor, getting quite laughable now, VW are even better, we had complete radio silence on our ID3 order, so my wife messaged them via messenger, Twitter and instagram, no response for days, then on messenger they told us build week 5 22, Twitter build week 3 22 and instagram no confirmed build date lol.

So I used the WhatsApp for an update on both cars, and had far more sense out of Audi on my VW than VW themselves, Build week 1 2022, but could be brought forward if chip scenario improves.

Still no date on my Q4, that’s supposed to be delivered to my house in 11 weeks time :roll:
Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

Just been told my car is finally built and on its way to England. Expected to be into dealer and over to me by the end of the month.

Entered build on 12th July.
matta

Post by matta »

FYI - My car left the port of exit last Friday (1st) and dealer called yesterday to confirm it was already at the dealership and ready for collection this week. Seems when it actually gets on a ship things can move pretty quickly.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

I ordered an Edition 1 Quattro in WK30 (end of July) and Audi have confirmed it started build in WK37 (13th September), but it’s now waiting some parts to finish and to check back with them next week for an update.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

howbigmassive wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:38 pm
I ordered an Edition 1 Quattro in WK30 (end of July) and Audi have confirmed it started build in WK37 (13th September), but it’s now waiting some parts to finish and to check back with them next week for an update.
So think we have all been in that position, ours was 9th July build, got finished on 24th September and currently at the port. We had no updates in the period between build and it being finished as nobody at Audi UK or dealers can tell when it will be ready
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Debating cancelling our ID3 now, production now moved to week 15 22, mid April, will be a year since order by the time we get it, still no build date for my Q4