Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Leighq4

Post by Leighq4 »

Hi all,

I found this forum a while ago and have been lurking ever since, but now need to vent a little frustration :evil:

I ordered a Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarro Blue with C/S & Tech packs, plus the heat pump (why the heat pump is an extra for a luxury brand is beyond me, but hey, that's a different question :lol: ) in Week 28 (early July), with a forecast delivery of the end of October (Week 43/44). I was then told, I wouldn't be getting the wireless phone charging (nothing has been mentioned about the ability to connect two phones to the system, but I expect that has gone too).

I currently have a lease car and it was due to go back at the end of October, so I keep hassling Audi for a delivery date... I got a call from the dealership this week saying because my Q4 has been hit by the semi-conductor shortage I am unlikely to see the car before December... :o Maybe it'll be my Christmas present!?

Oh, I had had my PodPoint fitted about 3 weeks ago... getting that was easy compared to getting the car!

What I've been particularly disappointed with during all this is the poor communication from Audi, I need to know when the car is going to be delivered so I can plan how long a contract extension I need to put in place! I understand that delays happen, just be open and honest, I may well not like the answer but I am unlikely to cancel the order as I would just end up at the back of another queue...

Anyway, congratulations to all those who have received their Q4's, I'm not jealous at all :D
Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarra Blue with Heat Pump, C+S & Tech Packs

Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

Tony wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:43 pm
Edam77 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:20 pm
I'm a week into ownership and it's a lovely car to drive, and worth the wait. Finally getting my Podpoint installed tomorrow so will be able to charge properly

How long did you have to wait? When did you order?
Ordered 6 July and it was already in production that week and delivered on 28th October. Podpoint wasn't installed yesterday as they had to reschedule to next Tuesday just didn't bother telling me, so was trip to a fast charger last night as the 3pin one is useless and cat didn't like it through their catflap for some reason...
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Leighq4 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:38 am
Hi all,

I found this forum a while ago and have been lurking ever since, but now need to vent a little frustration :evil:

I ordered a Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarro Blue with C/S & Tech packs, plus the heat pump (why the heat pump is an extra for a luxury brand is beyond me, but hey, that's a different question :lol: ) in Week 28 (early July), with a forecast delivery of the end of October (Week 43/44). I was then told, I wouldn't be getting the wireless phone charging (nothing has been mentioned about the ability to connect two phones to the system, but I expect that has gone too).

I currently have a lease car and it was due to go back at the end of October, so I keep hassling Audi for a delivery date... I got a call from the dealership this week saying because my Q4 has been hit by the semi-conductor shortage I am unlikely to see the car before December... :o Maybe it'll be my Christmas present!?

Oh, I had had my PodPoint fitted about 3 weeks ago... getting that was easy compared to getting the car!

What I've been particularly disappointed with during all this is the poor communication from Audi, I need to know when the car is going to be delivered so I can plan how long a contract extension I need to put in place! I understand that delays happen, just be open and honest, I may well not like the answer but I am unlikely to cancel the order as I would just end up at the back of another queue...

Anyway, congratulations to all those who have received their Q4's, I'm not jealous at all :D
I’m in exactly the same boat mate, lease runs out in Jan, they promised Jan delivery, hence why I ordered.

Now looking at April at the earliest, speaking with my dealer, they have run out of microcontroller units for matrix headlights and ambient lighting control units, expecting delivery to factory late December, he was really honest to be fair, if your cars have matrix lights, pano roof, and ambient light pack plus, expect an extra 3 months delay people 😞
Tony

Post by Tony »

Just had a call from the dealer, it's been built!

We're now looking at another four weeks for us to get the car, based on shipping the car from Ingolstadt to London.

Details updated below -
General spec - Q4 40 S-Line in Pebble Grey with C&S pack and Leather Seats
Order week - 27
Production start week - 36 (9-week wait for build)
Production end week - 44 (8-week build)
Ship date - 45 Estimated
Delivery date - 48 Estimated
Tony

Post by Tony »

Leighq4 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:38 am

Yep, I think we all end up here due to the lack of communication and general frustration from Audi!

We ordered ours week of the 27th and it's been built (see my previous post) so hang in there, it will happen 💪
thebb

Post by thebb »

Today is a sad day :(

Just had an update from Leaseplan - my Q4 due end of Nov, then mid-Dec is now the end of Feb 2022 - the reason 'Fitment delay' :?:

I sold my lovely A3 Quattro within a week in August based on high expectations that I'd have the Q4 in November - oh how I wish I had Dr. Strange's time crystal, not to cancel, but keep my A3!

Details updated below -
General spec - Q4 E-TRON ESTATE 125kW 35 S Line 5dr [C+S/Tech Pack]
Extras - Purple paint, Square wheel, bobby-dazzler ambient lights, sprayed on grey paint alloys, twin leather whips
Order week - 33/2021
Production start week -
Production end week -
Ship date -
Delivery date - 08/2022 (Estimated)

Who needs to build one car in 10 hours when you can take over 28 weeks - put that in your Elon Musk Tesla pipe and smoke it (sorry no pipes coming out of an EV!)
Lisag2010

Post by Lisag2010 »

Excited, slightly apprehensive. Finally ordered a Q4 40 S-Line c/s pack, function pack, light pack plus, plus different alloys in floret silver. Feels like we have driven all electric cars since September and finally decided on the Audi. It was a close call between this and the Mach-e. But I feel the Audi was a better choice. We sold our 2019 Q7 in May and hadn’t anticipated such a delay. Delivery estimate is end of July 2022 :shock:
fobong

Post by fobong »

Just ordered a Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarro Blue with C/S & Tech packs and this thread has given me the fear! When I was in test driving it, salesman suggested mid Feb for delivery (though not sure what spec that was for) - but judging by this thread that seems optimistic! I was hoping for March (in time for a 22 plate) but could be much later?

Also what's this about no wireless charging? The one I test drove had it, has it been removed? I just assumed it was standard...
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Definitely worth searching the dealers as that’s how I located my car. Vindis and Lookers have stock cars with varying options.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
Tony

Post by Tony »

fobong wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:37 pm
Also what's this about no wireless charging? The one I test drove had it, has it been removed? I just assumed it was standard...

I think Audi are removing some features that require chips which are hard to find, which is not ideal and something that should be explained to customers.

Perhaps not too big an issue if you're leasing but might be an issue if you're buying and need to resell in the future.