Service Plan?

All Audi Q4 related discussions
0dd84ll

Post by 0dd84ll »

Has anybody taken Audi up on their service plan?
The plan seems very biased to ICE cars in that I get a brake fluid change next year for example. I know it will need changing one day but my previous electric car never needed it in 3 years.

Tony

Post by Tony »

I was wondering this as well, we're leasing it for three years so decided to get it so that the car will have a full authorised dealer service history (it's not that much per month on a lease and Audi services can be pricey) BUT I do wonder about the actual value in it as I don't think EV's require that much servicing (in theory) compared to ICE.
Leighq4

Post by Leighq4 »

For all of my previous ICE lease cars, I've always opted for the Service Plan. This time I've not bothered with the Service Plan, as there is nothing really to service. As you say, fluid changes/top ups are pretty much all that is required.
Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarra Blue with Heat Pump, C+S & Tech Packs
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

I’ve been looking at service plans as Audi is offering 25% off the e-tron plans. The link below shows the cost. My issue is the T&Cs say the car must be on the fixed regime which is ridiculous for an electric car, and even more as on the Audi site about serving the e-tron it says every 2 years or 18,000 miles! I can’t get an answer from Audi Customer Service or Audi Finance who provide the plans, but the service manager at my dealer said the cost is around £250 for the service, plus the cost of a brake fluid change and pollen filter and that’s needed every two years.

So why, if you buy a service plan, does it need to be serviced every year?

https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/owners ... -tron.html
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
0dd84ll

Post by 0dd84ll »

Yep that’s my thought too, I was told year 2 for the service but can’t get a straight answer from Audi on why this plan? It makes no sense for an electric car. Might go back into my dealer and speak to them directly
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

I picked up my Q4 today and when I got home, looked at the car service intervals on the MMI and that says ‘Service November 2023’ that’s two years away. Also I can’t see anyway to change this to fixed or flexible, so convinced Audi CS and Audi Finance haven’t a clue about the serving needs for the e-tron! Based on how they are managing new car delivery information to its customers, I wonder what’s going on!

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

Edwin52

Post by Edwin52 »

If you look at Plan Level 3, it states that you get the following
2 x Services with inspections
2 x Pollen filter changes
2 x Brake fluid changes
2 x MOTs (in year 3 & 4 of ownership)
This must be done every two years, so 1st service after year 2, and second service end of year 4. Just an MOT end of year 3.
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

That’s what I thought, but so far the unhelpful people at Audi Finance and Customer Service haven’t been able to confirm what you and I are convinced is the sensible service schedule with this plan. When I mentioned to Audi Finance, who manage the plan, that the car must be on a fixed regime, having two brake fluid changes, two pollen filters and two MOTs must surely be every two years, they went off and asked someone else, but came back to say call the dealer. I’m waiting for my dealer to call me back with an answer, but if not, then another call to Audi. 🤬🤬🤬

Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

After speaking with the service manager at my local dealer today, he is of the opinion that the level 1 service plan for e-tron vehicles covers the car for two years, level 2 for four years, and level 3 for four years and 2 MOTs. He’s getting this confirmed, and once I get his email, I will take out the best plan for me.

0dd84ll

Post by 0dd84ll »

Hi what did the dealer come back and say re service plan, I’m still not getting a straight answer from Audi , year 2 seems sensible for first service