Home charging with a Podpoint Solo

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Addav

Post by Addav »

Hello All, I was wondering if there was any further information on this topic? I've just started using the Pod Point Scheduled charging (after moving to an EV Tariff) and I'm only getting 3.5kw. All non-schedule charging I get 7kw.
Do you recommend seeking support from Pod Point??

ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Certainly recommend lodging a query with PP. I had 2 replacement printed circuit boards fitted under warranty before the sporadic nature of the charging rates finally settled down at 7.5kw. Before that it was only 3.5kw. Worth while digesting the content of this thread that may provide you with a workaround. See if PP can provide you with a firmware update.
Skyfarer

Post by Skyfarer »

Hi all - I’m due delivery in August but can’t decide on which charger to purchase.

From what I’ve read the Podpoint is causing issues, despite the “superior brand”. Im toying between the HyperVolt, Podpoint or Zappi.

Are new firmware still experiencing issues with the Podpoint.

Has anyone had any issues with Hypervolt (@Murchison 2003 - you had good things to say about it above)
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

No further issues with the Podpoint since both the printed circuit board and the firmware have been updated. Here’s hoping all goes well. Should the podpoint give up the ghost after its 3 year warranty expires then I’m thinking of changing it to a Zappi so that I can integrate this unit with their other solar power systems
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

You can extend the Pod Point warranty to five years for around £100.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

The major software updates appear to have played havoc with the way the vehicle handshakes with the Podpoint Solo schedular. As a result of the update the charge rate has reverted back to 3.5kw. So going forward I will be trying the vehicle onboard schedular. (See software update posts)
Lighting

Post by Lighting »

After complaining to podpoint about my reduced charge ( 3.5kw ) on schedule, they have responded back with this email .

We’re writing today to update you on the charging issue which is affecting a limited number of cars in the Volkswagen Group, whose software causes incompatibilities with many charge points (including Pod Point).

Our technical experts have been testing a firmware update which has a high success rate of resolving the issue. There are a small minority of affected customers who may not see a complete resolution to the issue due to various external factors outside of Pod Point’s control, however, we are confident that this will resolve the issue for most of our customers.

Has anyone else had the new firmware update ? If so , did it sort out the issue?
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

No the new PP software + an upgraded printed circuit board to accept the new software did not solve it I’m afraid with the new Audi software. Prior to this it worked fine at 7kw on MMI version 3608. I’ve had the exact same ‘standard’ email as yourself. PPs response to my latest query to them is Since I can now charge with the vehicles onboard charger the podpoint schedular please park the PP Scheduler until the problem is resolved.
petermo

Post by petermo »

Latest from PodPoint yesterday .... Thank you for your continued patience with the ongoing incompatibility issues you’re experiencing. We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise once again for the inconvenince that this has caused you.

We have worked in recent months to implement an additional software update to our chargers, for the small number of customers affected, which we hoped would mitigate the incompatibilities that are causing the issues you have experienced. We are pleased to report that, for many of the affected customers, the update has resolved this software incompatibility.

Having implemented that update, we are now urgently consulting the Senior Executive Management at Pod Point regarding any customers that are still experiencing issues. The satisfaction of our customers is one of Pod Point’s top priorities (whatever the underlying cause), and so for those customers who remain affected our Executive team are considering what further measures we can offer.

Following our Executive Management review, I expect we will have a further update for you in the coming weeks. In the meantime, if you need anything further please reply to this email or visit our help centre.
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Given the compatibility issues with PodPoint some level of compo would be nice?? A credit to my PP account perhaps?? At the time I purchased the Q4 It was indeed Audi that we’re promoting the Podpoint Solo as the best thing since sliced bread. Ummm?? I think they still are promoting it.??