Home charging with a Podpoint Solo

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
petermo

Post by petermo »

Just checked the Audi website and they're promoting Ohme now. WhatCar has PodPoint as number 1???

petermo

Post by petermo »

Well, I've heard from PodPoint that they have given up trying to get the Solo working with the some VW group cars (including my Q4).
janekev15

Post by janekev15 »

ScottyQ4 wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:54 pm
REPOSTED
Is there anyone out there that charges their Q4 on a Zappi. Thinking of dumping the Podpoint as supplied by Audi. Sick and tired of it only charging at 1/2 the rated charge.
Hi Ysed Zappi 2 from day one. No problems
swanseasportback

Post by swanseasportback »

I've had a PodPoint Solo for while and didn't have any issues with it until I switched to an EV tariff in September. I set the PodPoint charging schedule to match my cheap rate electricity. - immediately with the scheduled charge I got the 3.6 kw charging issue instead of 7kw as many others have had, so I disabled the Podpoint charging and set my Home location in the car and set the schedule in-car. No problem with that, ie full charging speed, until a few days ago when the Audi schedule just ignored itself and the car charged during my standard peak pricing :-( , so I tried to go back to the PodPoint scheduling, after disabling the Audi timing. Same result again - 50% charge speed again. I got in touch with PodPoint, made sure I had latest updates, etc - eventually their advice was disable all in-car timings and also remove any saved charging locations. I tried that last night and was surprised to find this worked - it charged off the PodPoint schedule at full speed. Don't know if that will work for others but though I'd share my experience.
Etronny

Post by Etronny »

I have the Podpoint Solo 3- Software A24P-2.35.0-00001
Q4 Etron 40 Sline Navarra Blue.

Software currently running on Audi - 3812, MMI 37.17 2218

OVO Charge anytime App (Obvs my energy provider)
7p/KWh on smart charge (overnight rate) -
min 30%-max 80% -
If below minimum limit (30%) the car will charge at the standard rate to minimum level then smart charge to 80%.

No charging timings set in the car or via the podpoint app.
Now works like a charm- smart charging overnight upto 80% .

This has been a major improvement for me with the car working with the podpoint and my energy provider all in sync. It has taken2 years and quite a bit of frustration but the 3812 software has helped the Audi with location setting and smart charging etc.

Happy now with this aspect of the EV experience :)
swanseasportback

Post by swanseasportback »

I've just been updated to PodPoint firmware A30P-5.0.12-00039. Anyone else had this version - does it offer anything new?