Software Update

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Mlo

Post by Mlo »

That didn’t work. Deleted car from app and logged off from app. Then I tried to add a myAudi user in the MMI but got the same result.

The VW group has a talent to make the easy extremely difficult (software wise at least).

Back to the dealer. Oh, dear!!

Thanks fir the tip anyway!!

lexathon wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:23 pm
Did you try deleting the vehicle from the app and then going through the wizard on the mmi to log in? I think that's what did it for me.

lexathon

Post by lexathon »

Bummer. Good luck.
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Well after almost 2 years of ownership the software upgrades have been carried out. 2 days in total. No battery module to replace. The update triggered A number of cHanges to the app including additional data in the main. The key user log on process proved to be a bit of a challenge but got there eventually. Does anyone know if ‘plug and charge’ is up and running. There is a facility in the app for creating digital certificates that I assume is a passport for starting a charge automatically without RFID cards etc ie the Tesla way of working. I’ve yet to figure out scheduled charging from the vehicle; remotely setting the cabin temperature from the app still doesn’t work for my set/up/anyone out there where it does?? A few more warning symbols that appear on the HUD ie distance to vehicle ahead. I’m sure there will be a few more things buried in there
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

Schedule charging from the vehicle needs to be set up in the car using the MMi. First set a defined address (locations), and then the start and stop times. Once this is set it will only work if you are in the area where you have set the defined addresses. And to make things more complicated, you need to press the Timer icon on the MMi to activate the charging schedule every time you get out of the car. I’ve added the instruction, and these are in the handbook supplemental in the MyAudi app. Now the Privacy screen will go once you have driven a few metres, so no need to press anything on the screen.

IMG_2052.png

Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Yep. The onboard charging set up is now included in advanced settings. I had to read the supplement owners manual a few times to fully understand what buttons to press to take into account the cheaper tariff time period Octopus Go needs. I’ve got the thing setup now for a charge tonight. The software update seems to have goosed the Podpoint scheduler - it has reverted back to charging at 3.5kw - half rate. Podpoint made aware.
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

Took me a few times as well as it’s about as clear as mud! I also switched off the schedule I had set on the Pod Point app as they conflict, and so far the charges are working to the times I’ve set in the car. What I do now is plug the cable into the Pod Point first, then the car and press it upwards gently for 5 seconds (says this in the manual). The car pulses green for a few seconds, the flashes green, and the Pod Point should also start flashing green. A few few times the light on the car flashes green, but the Pod Point stays solid green. Apparently this is a Pod Point anomaly, but the charge won’t start until the time set in the car, and I’ve checked my Smart meter to confirm this is the case. Hope this makes sense.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

At what point in the charging process do you hit the charge timer button ie before or after connecting to the charger??
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

When you switch the car off the timer appears on the MMi, so hit the button before you get out of the car.

IanO

Post by IanO »

Anybody know what the difference is between software version 3812 and the more recent 3844?
Is 3844 released over the air?
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

Just had my Q4 50 updated to 3812. No issues during the update and the added functionality appeared in the app automatically.

For the Plug & charge, you need to be subscribed to Audi charging in the app, rather than the e-tron service agreement, and then you can set it up in the app too. I’ve not used plug & charge yet, however.

I’d expect most updates after 3812 to be OTA updates. A service manual addendum print-off was left in the car, which indicates it is now capable of OTA updates.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S