Software Update

All Audi Q4 related discussions
lexathon

Post by lexathon »

For the vehicle status in the app...
Swipe right from the main charge status and range display.
This will show vehicle messages.
Then click on the list icon on the top right.
This will show all those bits.

Themes isn't implemented for me either in 2021 vehicle. Not exactly a big loss!

Self parking. Not sure if that was ever a 2021 feature and if we have the required sensors/motors.

Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Thanks, I’ve since located that.

The video below shows the self parking option on the Q4. The loan car I had over the last few days has the icon mentioned in the video that displays on the MMi screen when you select R. I’m sure this is part of the new models C&S pack. My early car has the C&S pack, but not the icon before or after the software update.

Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
Weechancer

Post by Weechancer »

My Mar 2022 Q4 spent 2 days in the workshop this week (was told it could be 3 days and the curtesy car was booked for 4 - just in case). All seems well, finally don’t loose navigation favourites when I charge the car and the on screen navigation is now actually usable.
Privacy screen on start up has finally accepted the don’t show again option, but has now been replaced with a choose user and enter pin - so went from a single button to 6 - progress!
matta

Post by matta »

You can remove the PIN requirement completely and no need to select a user on start if it’s the desired user. If both are true you don’t need to press the MMI screen on start, as the user screen dismisses automatically as you drive away.

So in effect zero button presses on the screen. Works well for me on my software upgraded Q4 40 Oct 21.
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

If you have the C&S pack, and the latest software, can you please let me know if you have the icon for Park Assist as shown on the YouTube video I posted earlier, and does it actually work as per the video?

Thanks in advance.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

lexathon

Post by lexathon »

I have both and no icon. This wasn't part of the comfort and sound pack in 2021 and I'm not convinced the relevant hardware is in place to achieve it even if Audi wanted to give it to us.
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Thanks. Was hoping the update would activate this, but clearly wishful thinking on my part.

ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

The plot thickens. Just been informed by my local Audi dealer that the software update planned for this week has been postponed for at least 2 months. The reason - software installation problems. WTF.
It looks like there is also an additional software update package that Audi have released. I wonder if this will include hardware updates. They need the vehicle for a week. surprise, surprise

Just another reason now to write to Audi UK/ VWFS to express my disappointment. It’s a pity that the car is not going in as the worksheet said I was getting a Q8 as a courtesy car????
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

I would definitely recommend putting in a complaint to Audi Customer Service, and if you have the car on finance, another one to Audi Financial Services.

ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Too right. An email has just been sent to VWFS following a negative response from them this morning. Reneging on a previous agreement with them way back in February 23. The email trail is growing.
Anyone else had their software upgrade appointments postponed???