Software Update

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Tony

Post by Tony »

Or does the retro fit connect to the MMI screen?

IanO

Post by IanO »

Nope it’s a Launch edition with the Sonos speakers, but not the full Sound & Comfort pack so had the camera retrofitted.
Yes third party dashcams that are wired in are worth telling them about too
IanO

Post by IanO »

Tony wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:19 am
Or does the retro fit connect to the MMI screen?
Correct, it connects to the MMI screen so the driver can see the image
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

I had the same issue with the retrofit camera. Hope these things don't require updating often as this will be a pain if the camera has to be disconnected and recoded each time an update is required.
WAY

Post by WAY »

Morning all. Got my updated Q4 back last week after 2 weeks of downloading/errors/installing the software. It actually seems to have solved all of the issues I had with the vehicle and I have been able to switch to Intelligent Octopus at last, so that's positive.

My question is for anyone that raised a complaint with Audi UK. They have offered me a 'goodwill gesture' of £500, which I have refused mainly because of the shocking communication from them and the fact they gave me a Q8 55 TFSI as a courtesy car and it cost me nearly £200 in petrol!! Has anyone held out for more or should I escalate to the motoring ombudsman?
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

They think throwing a free service or £500 as compensation cuts it, absolutely wouldn’t for me. The arrogance shown by Audi throughout my experience has been awful. What they don’t seem to grasp is the cost in depreciation on our current motors while waiting for the new motor. From my experience, after ordering in September 21 with an original delivery date of March 23 which has now become a September 23 build, and that’s not confirmed, if I take the new car, it will probably cost me in the region of £25k to change with the depreciation of my current EV. And Audi think that’s acceptable?
IanO

Post by IanO »

WAY wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:08 am
Morning all. Got my updated Q4 back last week after 2 weeks of downloading/errors/installing the software. It actually seems to have solved all of the issues I had with the vehicle and I have been able to switch to Intelligent Octopus at last, so that's positive.

My question is for anyone that raised a complaint with Audi UK. They have offered me a 'goodwill gesture' of £500, which I have refused mainly because of the shocking communication from them and the fact they gave me a Q8 55 TFSI as a courtesy car and it cost me nearly £200 in petrol!! Has anyone held out for more or should I escalate to the motoring ombudsman?
£500 sound like a decent amount to be fair to them (is it simply for the delay?). My car was with them for almost 3 weeks but I was just grateful they had a courtesy car on the spot (a lot of people need to wait a month or more for one to become available).
As for the Q8, yes it’s a gas guzzler but a lovely car. I'd have been happy to trade that for the A3 30 TfSI (manual, not automatic) they gave me!
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

My car is in the dealer today and told there are four updates!
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
lexathon

Post by lexathon »

Yeah, I wouldn't count on getting it back before Wednesday morning. Fingers crossed!
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Got the car back today after the update, so one extra day as there was a fire wall issue that they resolved.

A few observations that I could do with help.

Rather oddly the battery is at 100% but only 165 miles when I usually get around 200 (it’s a 35), but told this should sort itself out after a few journeys and charges! Hopefully.

Also the later feature on the C&S pack to self park the car doesn’t show, so I guess there’s more required than just the software update for my 2021 car.

There aren’t any ‘Themes’ showing on the MyAudi app, so should there be some?

I can’t see the status of the doors or windows on the app, and I thought this part of the software update?

Will try out the in-car charging timer next week as just need to let things settle down.

And finally, I’m so pleased I have a dealer that clearly understand the car and delivers excellent service. Without them, the car would have gone ages ago.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586