Air Conditioning and High Beam Assist

All Audi Q4 related discussions
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

A couple of new issues.

With the recent heatwaves I’ve found that Climate Control is not working in the rear of the car. It’s fine in the front but moving the temperature setting in the rear up or down has no effect.

With High Beam Assist I had on my previous Q2 and it was a bit unreliable. I have Matrix lights on my Q4. High Beam Assist works well when moving in and out of lit areas but it doesn’t dip the headlight when a car approaches or when I catch another car up. I read somewhere that with Matrix lights they keep the glare off other vehicles but I have been ‘flashed’ a couple of times.

Any comments appreciated.

Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

That’s right it keeps the glare off. You have to look very closely to see it working in that circumstances but it does.
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

Thanks for that. Yes, delving into the manual reveals this. Gotta get used to it I guess.
lexathon

Post by lexathon »

I've found the child lock button seems to lock and unlock the rear temp control in unexpected ways. Have you tried toggling it on and then changing it?
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

I’ll give it a go. Thanks.
lozzd

Post by lozzd »

garysevern wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:32 am
I read somewhere that with Matrix lights they keep the glare off other vehicles but I have been ‘flashed’ a couple of times.
Matrix headlights is an incredible technology - it turns individual sections of the light on and off to "dim" the area the approaching car (or car you're following) is currently occupying, leaving you with "full beam" all the time without glaring other road users.

... having said that I'm surprised you've been flashed. Ordered the Q4 with it based on the fact it's so incredible on the Q5 and in 2 years haven't been flashed once.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

You need to have it set to auto mode (using the stalk) - which I think is full beam matrix at speeds above 40 mph. I've not had any issues either, the tech is very good - which is unusual for the Q4!
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S