Is it me or is the suspension really hard?

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Tony

Post by Tony »

We have the S-Line 40 and my god potholes and bumps are the worst even at low speeds. I tried using comfort mode but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Everything else is great in terms of the ride but I always find the suspension so hard at times.

Anyone else?

lozzd

Post by lozzd »

The S-line has slightly lowered and firmer "sports" suspension.

I am awaiting my Q4 with the same spec and I wanted the styling of the S-line but was always worried about the firmer suspension. I hope I haven't made a mistake...
(I wish I'd gone for the adaptive suspension - if you don't have that option then changing to "comfort" does nothing to change the suspension)
Tony

Post by Tony »

I love the Audi logic of calling the entry-level Sport and then giving the S-Line the sports suspension 😂
Weechancer

Post by Weechancer »

I've had a lot of Audi's and always went with the S-line - the suspension is hard on them, but when looking at the Q4, a friend drove me around in their sport A4 and the ride was far more pleasant, so opted for the sport rather than s-line and have not regretted it - far better suspension set up for the UK (did go for a lot of bell's and whistles, so was not any cheaper)
Tony

Post by Tony »

Yeah that was why we went for the S-Line as we wanted quite a lot of the extras for the Sport, but bigger wheels
= less range and hard suspension= less comfort so doesn't really make much sense thinking about it now.
lozzd

Post by lozzd »

It's very frustrating because I went for S-Line for aesthetics - both my other Audi's were S-Line's which gave them things like the tinted windows on the rear which you have no other way to get. I am now very nervous about my upcoming Q4 delivery ...
Tony

Post by Tony »

It's not that bad don't worry. Look on the plus side,it makes you drive extremely slowly when there may be pot holes around 😂
Sportback21

Post by Sportback21 »

I'm finding the suspension OK, but then again I've owned many German cars. As far as I know Comfort Mode only relates to Motor and steering performance.

Adjustable suspension is either an option or only available on the Vorsprung.