Intelligent Octopus

All Audi Q4 related discussions
berrymwb

Post by berrymwb »

I see that Intelligent Octopus tariff is now available in Beta to test for ‘Audi’ and they have written to people (including me) to offer to switch.

For very obvious reasons, I am somewhat skeptical about this working given our appalling software and also reluctant to switch as presently on a slightly cheaper Go tariff.

Has anyone tried the beta test for Audi yet with success?

Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

No, I’m in the same boat as you. Night rate for me 25% more expensive and dayrate 14% more expensive. I will join nearer the end of my go tariff as the new go rate is 12p at night😱
lozzd

Post by lozzd »

I signed up to the beta because I was already on an October Go 12p overnight tarrif, so this was awesome for me - 2p less overnight for 2 additional hours.

I have a 2023 model (picked up a month ago) and the software and app has been flawless...... but no, the "Intelligent" charging powered by Octopus' vendor is not working properly.

My charger allows fast charging from 23:30 to 5:30 only and the car just charges immediately from 23:30 until it's full (from my understanding, the start of charge will signal their service which then sends a halt back to the car, and then sends a start signal when Octopus wants).

I've emailed them asking for clarification/debugging (especially since this a beta, I assumed the feedback would be welcome) but haven't heard back.

Still, I don't mind as I'm charging for 10p not 43p.
lozzd

Post by lozzd »

Ha - of course the night after I write that, it worked perfectly. 3 separate blocks of charging were scheduled and automatically happened without me noticing. So yes, it can work.
berrymwb

Post by berrymwb »

Excellent, good to hear, although notes yours is the newer model!
Casperelli

Post by Casperelli »

Has anyone had success with Intelligent Octopus? my test charge keeps failing and having spoken to customer services she seems to think a Q4 isn't eligible, despite being set up successfully on the app !!
Q4 50 Edition 1 C&S/TK/HP/AD/21s
diydez

Post by diydez »

Yes mine worked on 2nd try - Q4 40 Tech, Podpoint Solo 3. Not sure what I did differently 2nd time round. Make sure there is no charging schedule set up in the podpoint app, and also that the car has less than 80% charge.
Casperelli

Post by Casperelli »

Did you need to set any specific settings on your car? and does your registrations or third party app access show anything on your account for Octopus? for some reason mine just wont accept the test charge and Octopus aren't being helpful.
Q4 50 Edition 1 C&S/TK/HP/AD/21s
DansQ4

Post by DansQ4 »

I'm interested in this as we are still on British Gas as we were not given any option to switch to Octopus since the price rises.

Not had a letter through as yet though so might just email them about it?

Seems like a cracking deal though!
diydez

Post by diydez »

diydez wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:49 am
Yes mine worked on 2nd try - Q4 40 Tech, Podpoint Solo 3. Not sure what I did differently 2nd time round. Make sure there is no charging schedule set up in the podpoint app, and also that the car has less than 80% charge.
Update on this...it stopped working yesterday and I haven't managed to get it to reconnect again. Test keeps failing.
Might leave it for a day or 2 to settle down and then try again.