Q4 ordered

New to the Audi Q4 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Moyney1976

Post by Moyney1976 »

Just ordered a Q4 sportback and came across this forum, it’s my first venture into the EV world, hopefully it will be an enjoyable journey, ordered a 35 s line with tech and c and s packs plus graphite wheels in pebble grey, just sold my BMW 128ti after a year and actually made a profit from the dealer !!!! This is a 2nd car that does my 25 mile commute and a little bit of local driving so range not a massive priority for me, have an F Pace as well which will be an interesting comparison going forward, now looking at what charger to have installed at home so if any one has any advice I would appreciate it, been told car is due August 23 but will be happy if I get it by next Christmas if I’m honest, just bought a cheap Citroen c1 as a run around until it lands which is awful but cheap :D
Audi Q4 35 Sport Back S Line (on order)

Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

Don’t hold your breath on an August 23 delivery if this year is anything to go by.
On the charger, I have a Hypervolt and can’t fault it, would highly recommend. It is also compatible as is the Audi for Octopus Energy Intelligent tariff .
Moyney1976

Post by Moyney1976 »

so after a lot of conversations and no real confidence in Audi that my car would ever arrive I have cancelled my order, the whole issue around the 35 not being offered any more was a little concerning although order was confirmed, I was getting the feeling they were trying to push me to order a 40 or 45 instead, I was tempted but didn't want that the increase in cost would bring for a 2nd car, I have now ordered a Cupra Born V3 77KWh, a different car but with the deal I got really good value and a really nice drive build confirmed delivery planned for July 23
Audi Q4 35 Sport Back S Line (on order)
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

Wise choice.
Audi are a complete joke. Just been told today that my car is now again delayed and is due to be built in September now, 2 years after ordering. Utter joke and Audi are still saying they’re prioritising customer orders by date they were ordered. No way. I could cancel but that’s playing into their hands and I’m too far down the road for that.
taaudi

Post by taaudi »

Hey guys, how do? Well, I am abit suprprised with a lot of topics and chats regarding Q4 orders and problems! I am literally about to order one in the next week or so, but I am seroiusly looking elsewhere! Is it really this bad with the Q4 /Audi? this is my 1st electric Audi, (already have an electric car)!

What alternativeds can I look at (other thatn Tesla), I need a nice boot as the Q4 offers!

Is Cupra bringing an EV SUV?
Tony

Post by Tony »

Welcome! I believe it's a good 18-24 months (according to my local dealer) so you may have to wait a while!

Other EV SUVs you may want to test drive are

- Hyundai IONIC 5
- KIA EV6
- Mercedes EQA
- Tesla Model 3
- Genesis GV60

If you live without an SUV body my personal favourite is currently the Polestar 2!
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

So we have both a Q4 (from 2021 so all the rubbish software) and a Tesla model 3 which I absolutely love driving, the range is better than the Q4, the power is insane and range doesn't seem to nose dive on the motorway in the same way as the Q4.

Boot is plenty big enough for us, have one little one and have done family holidays in it with no issues fitting stuff in.
The lights aren't as good as the Audi, we have the matrix headlights and they are great, so is the HUD, although the Speedo on the Tesla screen is actually fine.

Would say build quality of the Audi is average and certainly worse than the Q3 we had before, no visible paint on the doors in the Tesla but is in the Audi, also lining in the door bins on the Tesla but not the Audi.

Looked at the EQA, nice car inside, but boot was small as it's an ICE with a battery.

Really liked the EV6 and nearly went with that but got a great deal on an in-stock model 3 and certainly pleased with that choice.

Looking forward to the auto heated steering wheel in the next software update for the Tesla in the next week...

Don't get me wrong the Q4 is nice to drive and a good family car, but the niggles with the software and annoying lane assist make it slightly disappointing in my view and I prefer the Tesla.