Octopus Charging and Q4 Location Settings

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Lemonpodgy

Post by Lemonpodgy »

Hi, it's taken me a year to get this to work. There are lots of key things missing from the instructions

The privacy settings are important which are discussed above. Make sure sharing location is toggled on.

Ensure you have set yourself up as a user on your car, and logged into myaudi on your car.

Now close and lock your car. Check on your phone on the myaudi app that your car location is showing. You select the map icon (third icon at the bottom.). Then click on the search bar and it will take you to another page. You'll see about half way down the name of you car, ensure you can see the location of it. Now you k ow it's sharing its location.

Then plug the car into your charger and ensure its freely charging and has at least an hour of charge to go before its full or reaches your set limit. Then close and lock your car.

Now do the onboarding process. And omg it works. The test charge can then take up to 45 minutes as Octopus only take an elec reading every 30 minutes so that has to happen before it can test the charge. So you end up refreshing alot, then it does a test charge and you get an email from octopus confirming its set up before the app tells you it's worked!

Lemonpodgy

Post by Lemonpodgy »

Hi, it's taken me a year to get this to work. There are lots of key things missing from the instructions

The privacy settings are important which are discussed above. Make sure sharing location is toggled on.

Ensure you have set yourself up as a user on your car, and logged into myaudi on your car.

Now close and lock your car. Check on your phone on the myaudi app that your car location is showing. You select the map icon (third icon at the bottom.). Then click on the search bar and it will take you to another page. You'll see about half way down the name of you car, ensure you can see the location of it. Now you k ow it's sharing its location.

Then plug the car into your charger and ensure its freely charging and has at least an hour of charge to go before its full or reaches your set limit. Then close and lock your car.

Now do the onboarding process. And omg it works. The test charge can then take up to 45 minutes as Octopus only take an elec reading every 30 minutes so that has to happen before it can test the charge. So you end up refreshing alot, then it does a test charge and you get an email from octopus confirming its set up before the app tells you it's worked!
Worzee

Post by Worzee »

Hi all
I'm struggling with our new Q4 and Octopus Intelligent Go. Basically we get through to the test charge bit and after 10 mins get the caption "can't control car" anyone know what nay be going on? The location is set up and working fine and the charger (Qubev) is working fine.
Braddersmd

Post by Braddersmd »

Had a similar issue with my GivEnergy charger until I realised you need to select the "Plug n Go" setting. I'd already made sure the charger wasn't setting any schedules. What was happening was that on plug in, it began the hook up and charge, and then shut itself off - so the car wasn't getting power. Problem went away immediately I selected the "Plug n Go" setting in the GivEnergy app.

On plugging in now, it starts a charge, and within 10 mins of doing so sets a schedule using the car's API, and shuts off until the first Octopus charging window.
Bbasi1980

Post by Bbasi1980 »

Hi all

Great post. Still having issues with IO. problem seems to be location services. On the my aidi app, it isn't showing my cars locations despite all the correct options being selected such as privacy off ans sharing location etc. My car is a 71 plate so early 2021. Spoke to audi and they said that some of these were not fitted with car finder, hence why location of the car is not shown.
Has anyone had audi retrofit this function with them. Mine has had the latest software updates etc.
Thanks for your help.

Screenshot_20240406_120643_myAudi.jpg

gailjon@yahoo.com

Post by gailjon@yahoo.com »

I had the issue of the test charge not working at all. Every other step worked but when it came to the test charge it failed every time, over several hours and days of trying. Luckily wife's ID3 is easy to set up on IO and I just set IO back up using her car again. If the Q4 was our only EV I would be annoyed that ours doesn't seem to be able to be linked to IO.
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

I’m looking for a link within the Octopus IO app where it lets you know in the terms and conditions say that you will only get charged at off peak rates when the vehicle is plugged in and is awaiting the scheduled charging plan. I seem to be getting charged at the peak rate when waiting for a charging plan. This can sometimes take 1/2 hour or so to come through.